The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

I can. Jim Hamilton, Neil McCann and George Shaw doing the Seven Dwarfs at Love Street.

Anyway you're totally fucked this season :lol::lol::lol:

I remember that game. I'm sure Neil McCann scored a 40 yarder or something in the first half and believe or not some st mirren fans applauded.

Oh and I'm 31 so it wasn't that long ago!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah - don't remember that. Maybe I wasn't there.

Dundee mmmm let me think I remember they were a good team back in the 60s (yes the guts of half a century ago) but since then nowt, nothing, nada. There has been decent teams from that city (I mind we pumped one in a big game circa 1987) but I think they wore tangerine rather than blue. I'm sure they might finish above the Saints one year but given that time lapse I won't hold my breath. Perma diddies !

Dundee FC have had more insolvency events than major trophy wins in the last 40 yrs, it's a bit unfair to compare them to a stable successful club like ours tbh.

Although I did see the cheats roast us 5-0 with a team of stars they couldn't afford.

Despite the pumping Canniggia(sp)remains one the best players I've seen in the flesh.

Dundee FC have had more insolvency events than major trophy wins in the last 40 yrs, it's a bit unfair to compare them to a stable successful club like ours tbh.

Although I did see the cheats roast us 5-0 with a team of stars they couldn't afford.

Despite the pumping Canniggia(sp)remains one the best players I've seen in the flesh.

Agree they were a good team, it's funny how little they achieved though. A couple of top half finishes and losing in a cup final was all Dundee fans got for their financial oblivion.

Then as Dees went tits up, Caniggia, Ravanelli and the rest laughed their way to the bank and then buggered off.

Agree they were a good team, it's funny how little they achieved though. A couple of top half finishes and losing in a cup final was all Dundee fans got for their financial oblivion.

Then as Dees went tits up, Caniggia, Ravanelli and the rest laughed their way to the bank and then buggered off.

I don't think Ravanelli was doing much laughing, didn't he get paid next to nothing at the time of their administration (same as Craig Burley) ?

Seems Nejc Mevlja won't be offered a deal.

Wee bit surprised, thought he looked solid in the two games he's played in.

Beaten in aerial challenges far too often for my liking.

We can't start the season with two CH's that aren't great at headers.

Beaten in aerial challenges far too often for my liking.

We can't start the season with two CH's that aren't great at headers.

Do you expect us to sign someone who is great at headers?

Cheesy is actually decent in the air.

Not surprised we aren't offering this guy a deal. Was clearly question marks about his performance in training when Caldwell got a deal before him.

Add to that him struggling to dominate league 1 and league 2 level strikers physically, this decision makes sense.

Do you expect us to sign someone who is great at headers?

Cheesy is actually decent in the air.

He is most certainly not IMO.

He doesn't attack the ball enough.

There was one occasion on Saturday where he went up for a header and actually tried to chest it instead of doing the simple thing. Needless to say, he made a rip roaring c**t of it.

And before I get accused of "being down" on McAusland, I'd criticise our other CH's similarly, if we actually had any.

I would like us to sign a CH that we can be confident of winning most headers he contests. Much like McGregor, before his injuries.

I heard last night that St Mirren have offered David Clarkson a contract. Have any St Mirren fans heard this rumour yet?

Nah, it's Jeremy Clarkson. He's signing because Paisley is the place to score top gear.

He is most certainly not IMO.

He doesn't attack the ball enough.

There was one occasion on Saturday where he went up for a header and actually tried to chest it instead of doing the simple thing. Needless to say, he made a rip roaring c**t of it.

And before I get accused of "being down" on McAusland, I'd criticise our other CH's similarly, if we actually had any.

I would like us to sign a CH that we can be confident of winning most headers he contests. Much like McGregor, before his injuries.

I would disagree that what we need is a 'Darren McGregor'. What we need (and have needed for bloody years), is a Steven Craigan, or the big no-nonsense fcukers that ICT seem to find easily.

I would disagree that what we need is a 'Darren McGregor'. What we need (and have needed for bloody years), is a Steven Craigan, or the big no-nonsense fcukers that ICT seem to find easily.

I used McGregor as an example of someone who attacks the ball and wins far more headers than they lose.

It's a Kevin McGowne, in his younger days, type CH that I'd like to see us signing.

I used McGregor as an example of someone who attacks the ball and wins far more headers than they lose.

It's a Kevin McGowne, in his younger days, type CH that I'd like to see us signing.

If Bobby Reid isn't available that is.

TC prefers ball-players to big cloggers. Time will tell whether or not that's the way to go.

I can see us signing another Ellis Plummer-type player to play CB.

"Big dominant centre half to dominate/bully strikers"

It's almost as if people have been posting that every transfer window for the last 8 years. It's almost as if these mythical players don't exist, or if they did, would be fucking shit which is why we don't sign them. Do you know what I'd quite like? A good defender. I'd definitely take Franco Baresi over Kevin James regardless of their size or intimidation factor.

But if we're still doing cliche bingo where is the 20 goal a season striker or tricky winger with pace?

Archived