The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still another week til transfer window opens.

Patience, my lad!

Hardly any rumours floating about, it's seems very quiet at the moment, hope that's a good thing and that Tommy is just keeping his cards close to his chest.

Has McLean left?

No.

Great news about Harkins. Would be great if we could get that dud off the wage bill, would be even greater if he joined a rival and weakened them.

Great news about Harkins. Would be great if we could get that dud off the wage bill, would be even greater if he joined a rival and weakened them.

A dreadful waste of a wage whom I'd be delighted to be shot of.

We could easily replace Harkins with a better player on less money.

I'm not sure what you managed to do to Harkins but somehow he was great for Oldham Dundee and thistle when he played for them yet an absolute Dud for yous

He just flops when he's not the 'big fish in the small pond', hence his performances at small clubs like Thistle & Dundee.

He just flops when he's not the 'big fish in the small pond', hence his performances at small clubs like Thistle & Dundee.

Surely you cannot say he was a big fish in a small pond at Oldham, i think it just comes down to the fact that Lennon didn't know how to use him

Surely you cannot say he was a big fish in a small pond at Oldham, i think it just comes down to the fact that Lennon didn't know how to use him

He flopped at Killie too.

He's never been an established top flight player, he was good for Thistle and Dundee in the wee leagues. He's not good enough for the top flight.

Pretty much single handedly turned around Dundee's fortunes in our last jaunt up here tbh.

Turned your fortunes around in the sense you went from 13 points behind us to finishing 11 behind us?

Seismic.

Pretty much single handedly turned around Dundee's fortunes in our last jaunt up here tbh.

Because he was the main man.

McGowan was our best player the season before last and even he gave 100%. Really don't know why Harkins has such an attitude problem, couldn't get his head round this. But we could see it coming when we signed him .

He goes on about Ibra and Berbatov all the time. The difference is they play at a much higher level and are or were in Berbs case world class.

Because he was the main man.

McGowan was our best player the season before last and even he gave 100%. Really don't know why Harkins has such an attitude problem, couldn't get his head round this. But we could see it coming when we signed him .

He goes on about Ibra and Berbatov all the time. The difference is they play at a much higher level and are or were in Berbs case world class.

He hardly turned them around either. When he joined them they were 12 points behind us, they finished 11 points behind us. Don't know where that myth has came from.

He's 29 and he's never been a consistent performer in the top flight. He never has been and he never will be.

Was it just me who actually quite liked Harkins?

I liked him aswel, don't think he was given a fair crack at it with us because McGowan was Lennon's golden boy.

He's got ability no doubt about it, but he is lazy and just seems to have a bad attitude.

Not many teams in the league can afford to have a 'luxury' player like that in their team. If that's what you could even call him.

I liked him aswel, don't think he was given a fair crack at it with us because McGowan was Lennon's golden boy.

No idea where you're getting that from. He started every game at the start of the season in a variety of roles, indeed McGowan was moved to accommodate him.

This directly resulted in our worst start to a league campaign for nearly a century. When he was dropped we turned our season around.

Archived