The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2014/15

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy going to Riga like, but those are hefty prices out of Abz.

Worked in Groningen for a while back in 2010, lovely city. The stadium is top notch. It's actually just what we'd need to replace todders, 22.5k capacity.

Really hope we get past Riga as i'm all over the Groningen game.

Riga look pretty poor going by this season's current league position but they finished 4th last year. No gimme's in eastern europe.

Far too excited already :shutup

FC Groningen is my hometown team. I can't make it to Aberdeen, but Groningen - Aberdeen in the Netherlands is going to be a cracking tie for a sell-out crowd as well.

Matches of Dutch teams in the earlier European rounds against no-mark opposition (that still occasionally beat the Dutch teams though) are not always sell-outs, but Groningen has not been in Europe since 2007 and Aberdeen is big enough of a name to get fans through the gates.

Now just make sure to make it passed Riga.

Cracking stadium

groot_GroningenEuropapark24.jpg

That's exactly the type of stadium that Aberdeen should be aiming to build if the club truly wants to progress. In fact, it's only 22,550 capacity so Aberdeen could potential aim for more.

Would heartily recommend a trip to Groningen as it's a cracking wee university town and we had a ball out there last year. Lots of good pubs in and around the town centre.

There's even a pub with a dog dressed in bondage gear - for photographs just PM Tynieness.

Couldn't get time off to go to the potential tie in Holland so I'm going to Riga. Getting my passport on the day of my flight out. Squeaky bum time doesn't even cover it!

Would heartily recommend a trip to Groningen as it's a cracking wee university town and we had a ball out there last year. Lots of good pubs in and around the town centre.

There's even a pub with a dog dressed in bondage gear - for photographs just PM Tynieness.

We've got one of them in Aberdeen but its a sheep.

5-1 full time.

My only worry is if they do what Motherwell did and park 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.

Probably worry more about winning two games in ten, rather than focus on your failure to beat us.

Probably worry more about winning two games in ten, rather than focus on your failure to beat us.

What are you on about?

I'm saying that Aberdeen struggle against teams that 'park the bus' no need to get upset.

We've got one of them in Aberdeen but its a sheep leisure centre.

Fixed for you mate.

Seriously though, it was a very strange pub. The bar counter had sheet glass across it and this bizarre dog was running about the place, and this was early afternoon. Lots of strange/dodgy looking guys drinking in there too. Tynie does have pictures of the sexy poor wee dug.

Archived