The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2014/15

Back into Europe, delighted.

Been far too long.

Where does everyone fancy for their holidays? Ferry to Gothenburg would be good :)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, it's been a while right enough. I'd still prefer we skipped a round by cementing 2cnd place before indulging in dreaming. Two massive games before I'll allow myself to give this any thought. :)

Maybe a Irish team? So you can all sing the famine song like you did yesterday ?

quite contradictory that a celtic fan is coplaining of songs coming from other fans, look at your own team first

I would like a wee trip to Malta

Not sure if we can get them in the earlier round though

If not then maybe a team from Wales

Has to be a team we can beat in the first game, want to get through at least one round

I would like a wee trip to Malta

Not sure if we can get them in the earlier round though

If not then maybe a team from Wales

Has to be a team we can beat in the first game, want to get through at least one round

I could be wrong but I don't think Welsh teams play in Europe

Wasn't complaining, just putting it out there, someone might want to get offended, it's a common occurrence on here ( Aberdeen fans are probably the biggest bitches tbh )

Got to disagree cowdenbeath fans are like little girls

Maybe a Irish team? So you can all sing the famine song like you did yesterday ?

That wouldn't make sense as they are actually Irish, therefore are 'home'.

All the way, every night and day, singing a European Song!

If we get an Irish team we'll get a chance to show how anti Irish we are despite having at least 5 Irish players in our 1st team squad (Celtic fans will be happy to know that I'm counting Northern Ireland as a part of Ireland here).

Wherever your journey in Europe takes you I do hope you reach the group stages. :)

And when you are in the group stages then you can all dream about exotic locations to get your passports out for a good dusting.

Also I hope all our clubs reach the group stages to boost our coefficient tally to avoid such frivolities as qualifying stages.

A team from somewhere hot would be nice, then it's worth making a holiday of it. There was a guy who sat behind me at my old work who booked his summer holidays around the away leg when Falkirk qualified for the UEFA Cup a few years back (or was it the Europa League by that point?). He was gutted when they drew a team from Lichtenstein...

Aye, it's been a while right enough. I'd still prefer we skipped a round by cementing 2cnd place before indulging in dreaming. Two massive games before I'll allow myself to give this any thought. :)

It wouldn't actually be a bad thing to finish 3rd and have an extra round to play.

We'll be unseeded due to having basically no coefficient since our only ties in the past 5 years were two tonkings off Sigma Olomouc.

Therefore, a pish easy draw in qualifying round one and two wins would do us a bit of good for future seasons. Also we always hear about a short break being detrimental, but the clubs who have been playing early qualifiers in recent seasons rather than pre-season friendlies have generally followed it up with good seasons (see Motherwell and St Johnstone. Maybe not so much Hibs though).

Like I said, we'll be unseeded in QR2 unless there's some major shocks in round one, but as a quirk of the draw there's a good chance we'd be seeded for QR3 (St Johnstone were seeded last year because they essentially took Rosenborg's seeding due to the draw taking place before the 2nd leg).

It should be our aim (as with all Scottish clubs) to get to the play-off round as least, and then hope the draw isn't too unkind and hopefully spring a shock to make it to the group stages.

Take inspiration from Panduril Targu Jiu. Sounds like something on a takeaway menu but are actually a Romanian team. Finished 2nd in league, had never made it to Europe before.

Beat Levadia Talinn in 2nd qualifying round, then Hapoel Tel Aviv. Drew Portugese cracks Sporting Braga in the play-off round, lost 1-0 at home but won the away leg 2-0.

Don't think they won a single game in a group that included our old friends Dnipro, Fiorientina and Pacos De Ferreira, but still, not a bad run.

Do dons fans think the club will be strengthening considerably in summer to give it a good go? Great to see them doing well again. Always hope Scottish teams do well in Europe.

McInnes after 4 players apparently. That'll depend in who he can move on.

Scott Vernon and Josh Magennis both likely to go. Possibly Nicky Weaver. Calvin Zola is under contract so club may be looking for some compensation for him.

If they go, then we'd need another back-up keeper, a left back, right back, and striker. Would be good if Logan stays to fill one of full back spots.

McInnes after 4 players apparently. That'll depend in who he can move on.

Scott Vernon and Josh Magennis both likely to go. Possibly Nicky Weaver. Calvin Zola is under contract so club may be looking for some compensation for him.

If they go, then we'd need another back-up keeper, a left back, right back, and striker. Would be good if Logan stays to fill one of full back spots.

Would have agreed with this yesterday but now, not too sure.

Nicky Low and Declan McManus will both go with Shankland coming back.

I think Cpt Big Penis will be politely moved on.

Would have agreed with this yesterday but now, not too sure.

Nicky Low and Declan McManus will both go with Shankland coming back.

I think Cpt Big Penis will be politely moved on.

I'd happily give Vernon another year. I get the feeling any striker we sign would be a back up to Rooney anyway, and I think Vernon is a pretty decent back-up. A guy who has barely played yet has scored two hat-tricks and a cup final penalty.

Think Nicky Low will get another year too. Looking forward to seeing Shankland next season.

Archived