The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

The kitman, physio and backroom team also need to take time off.

It's ok if you fancy a weekend in the country with sis, mum and Sandra tho'. What's happening with the Albion Rovers game?

Incidentally, the Kitman is still in hospital up in Dundee after the Brechin game. Still not in great shape.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New shirts being unveiled over the weekend.

The home one is white.

The away one is "beetroot purple".

Both look terrible ... No diamond on the airdrie shirt is a big no from me.

Good news regarding GB. It's about time the club showed a bit of ambition longer than one season with a two year deal.

Both look terrible ... No diamond on the airdrie shirt is a big no from me.

Good news regarding GB. It's about time the club showed a bit of ambition longer than one season with a two year deal.

Think (hope) that they will be adding to the kits shown through the weekend as it is only a template

I hope so as I support "The Diamonds". Red diamond on every home top is a must. The away shirt is terrible regardless.

For the love of God, it's already been stated that the ones posted are just templates; the details are being revealed gradually. Of course it'll have a diamond on it.

For the love of God, it's already been stated that the ones posted are just templates; the details are being revealed gradually. Of course it'll have a diamond on it.

...but I heard that instead of one big Diamond, there's going to be 40 wee Diamonds per side. It's a radical departure. Looking forward to it.

.. on a positive note I also hear Jose Quitongo has been seen at the stadium.

...but I heard that instead of one big Diamond, there's going to be 40 wee Diamonds per side. It's a radical departure. Looking forward to it.

.. on a positive note I also hear Jose Quitongo has been seen at the stadium.

Brilliant, was discussing this just after the season ended and wondered how long before the Jose Quitongo sightings would start. The league play offs haven't been decided yet and here we are. Got to be the quickest ever. It's not a proper close season without the inevitable Jose Quitongo jokes.

Brilliant, was discussing this just after the season ended and wondered how long before the Jose Quitongo sightings would start. The league play offs haven't been decided yet and here we are. Got to be the quickest ever. It's not a proper close season without the inevitable Jose Quitongo jokes.

Apparently his father was eaten by a lion. Don't know if you know that already.

Yep. Diamond confirmed - template just posted on twitter. More detail still be to be added but looks decent as is.

Not sure what's going on with that away shirt though. Purple with black sleeves?? Different I guess

What's the excuse for a beet root purple top then?

:)

I've got nothing for that one I'm afraid! Haha

As Airdrie76 pointed out though, it's something a wee bit different. I reckon it'll grow on me.

I love the home top already though.

Archived