The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping we'll hear this week what players have signed up for next year

Supposed to be early this week... not to be picky or anything but come tomorrow it is midweek and there's still nothing. Not exactly worrying yet but its not encouraging either.

Supposed to be early this week... not to be picky or anything but come tomorrow it is midweek and there's still nothing. Not exactly worrying yet but its not encouraging either.

I agree ! Maybe the tiser gives more away tomorrow We all know how slow the club are with providing news hopefully they've signed and it's just not officially announced.

Been given till Friday to decide. John Boyle has signed...thats about it so far. Pretty sure Bain and Blockley have too, as I think any club signing them would need to pay compo. Buchanan was interesting Dunfermline, but think that has cooled a bit now.

Threads on the stomp suggesting we let under 16s in for free what is everybodys opinion on this? Personally not for it at the moment as recent news shows how weak we are financially so this would cut our income even further also it would be abused - its ridiculous how many people in their 20's pay in the concession gate. as I've said before the best way to encourage more fans is to win games which has a wider impact as it improves fan attitudes and makes for better away travelling and atmosphere. The money used for it would be much better spent on a player budget

Personally, I think it should be free to under twelves. The way to police that is issue them named tickets from their primary school and they should be accompanied by an adult.

12-16's should be massively discounted, say 40 quid.

I'm of the view we need more young fans, however annoying their noise may be, as most of our older fans have chucked it! The aces away day was a great success and brought a lot of parents to the football who would not normally go.

There is already a player budget which you can contibute to if you wish. It is the trusts wider remit to engage the community, not to employ players.

By the way, I'm not in the trust, but that's my view

Been given till Friday to decide. John Boyle has signed...thats about it so far. Pretty sure Bain and Blockley have too, as I think any club signing them would need to pay compo. Buchanan was interesting Dunfermline, but think that has cooled a bit now.

Cool so it's this Friday? Not overly fussed Boyle Bain and Blocks are staying hopefully we get Buchanan Adam Lister McCormack and McAleer tied down

In advance talks with a Brewery who make Craft Lager & Beers to release an Airdrie lager. The initial plan is to release a bottled lager, however all going well we hope to introduce a beer and then hopefully sell it on tap (draft).

The plan is to have it in local pubs, shops & online with a percentage of profits going to the Airdrie Supporters Trust & the Airdrieonains Youth Teams.

I'm looking for suggestions for a name. We are thinking of a name which has a nod to Airdrieonains but not full on to put off non Airdrie fans from drinking it e.g. Diamonds 24 or 1924 Lager.

Guest honestrae95

In advance talks with a Brewery who make Craft Lager & Beers to release an Airdrie lager. The initial plan is to release a bottled lager, however all going well we hope to introduce a beer and then hopefully sell it on tap (draft).

The plan is to have it in local pubs, shops & online with a percentage of profits going to the Airdrie Supporters Trust & the Airdrieonains Youth Teams.

I'm looking for suggestions for a name. We are thinking of a name which has a nod to Airdrieonains but not full on to put off non Airdrie fans from drinking it e.g. Diamonds 24 or 1924 Lager.

I wonder who they got that idea from...

Colin Paterson@Colin_Paterson_

Looks like Bollan will be agreeing a deal with the Diamonds through the end of next season. Sure that will go down well with the faithful!

Terms were offered to all players, apart from the four released, and that group includes ex-Harry Wragg Caolan McAleer.

Was told "things moving slowly" on the retaining players front. That's not a big surprise. Players like to see what's out there for them.

I wonder who they got that idea from...

I should hope that we'll do it with a bit more class.

You know, not having a shameless self publicist, tunelessly droning on and jumping around like a schemey pied piper?

Each to their own though.

Is that not usually a long weekend for Airdrie players anyway?

Your witty joke aside, even on holiday weekends such as the Glasgow Fair ( and I know thats not what you meant) how many folk actually get time off work. Half the country has to bloody work at Christmas these days let alone holiday weekends. The Friday night fixture may well see half the side made up of our full time youths and some trialists desperate for deals.

The kitman, physio and backroom team also need to take time off.

It's ok if you fancy a weekend in the country with sis, mum and Sandra tho'. What's happening with the Albion Rovers game?

Your witty joke aside, even on holiday weekends such as the Glasgow Fair ( and I know thats not what you meant) how many folk actually get time off work. Half the country has to bloody work at Christmas these days let alone holiday weekends. The Friday night fixture may well see half the side made up of our full time youths and some trialists desperate for deals.

Strathspey are nothing more than cannon - fodder in the Highland League so I'd imagine the team for that game would be made up of youth players and trialists while the first team will play in the Nairn game the day after.

Archived