The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things, the discussions between Bollen and Tricky Dicky over the player budget and as Tory Boy hinted on the Stomp there's a lot more $h!&$ to come out over the next few days/weeks which may or may not involve big changes. As has already been pointed out above, someone of Longmuirs' s standing isn't here to get sponsorship from the local pubs and promote the bingo at half time.

The budget thing just makes me want to spew though, Ballantyne just doesn't get it. The last three home games we averaged over 1000, why ? because Bollen put a winning team on the park MORE MONEY for the club, possibly between £12000 and £15000 more over the three games. Every year it's a bit like hoping for a bike at Xmas and getting a selection box.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bollen walked.

For the love of God - it's Bollan!

In fairness, if he comes on here and reads everything that he gets called for he'd think he'd have every right to keep his cards close to his chest. Plus, look at what communicating did: told the shareholders of the stadium situation and as you can see form TB's outpourings on the stomp that that did the club well.

Again Ballantyne will treat the club as a business, and no one other than him/the board/the family needs to know anything. Unfortunately he's wrong, and the club has more stakeholders (not to be confused with shareholders) than I care to mention, and he cares to think about.

(On the flip side - a word on the shareholders that are part of the trust: see if you don't like what's happening/how you're being treated, sell the shares. I know of some individuals, who I'm sure other Airdrie fans do to, who did just that. Now for the flip: remember that the club is a business and it needs to be run prudently.)

Its a no win situation for Ballantyne at the minute. As I've said before he took the club on when no one else did and for that I, certainly, will be eternally grateful.

Reading this thread it seems a bit doom and gloom for Airdrie after what was a great finish to the season for you. I don't think the Directors of the club are ever going to tell the whole truth about the situation within the club. Bollan has a decision to make can he take Airdrie up next season on the Budget the board are offering or not if the answer to that is no he will in all probability walk. Do Airdrie fans think the club can afford a bigger budget?

Trying too hard...

But thanks for the info regardless. I would be happy with that as he was a key player in last seasons turnaround.

I'm good friends with caolan and he wants to go full time and he's not going to uni

Reading this thread it seems a bit doom and gloom for Airdrie after what was a great finish to the season for you. I don't think the Directors of the club are ever going to tell the whole truth about the situation within the club. Bollan has a decision to make can he take Airdrie up next season on the Budget the board are offering or not if the answer to that is no he will in all probability walk. Do Airdrie fans think the club can afford a bigger budget?

Think if the crowds hadn't improved over the last few games with the climb up the league then ok.budget based on the crowds we were getting at the bottom of the league.

The amount of communication is deafening. Why would Ballantyne (and Longmuir) think that they could market the club, season tickets, sponsorships etc without announcing what the feck their plans are? Incredible.

Threads on the stomp suggesting we let under 16s in for free what is everybodys opinion on this? Personally not for it at the moment as recent news shows how weak we are financially so this would cut our income even further also it would be abused - its ridiculous how many people in their 20's pay in the concession gate. as I've said before the best way to encourage more fans is to win games which has a wider impact as it improves fan attitudes and makes for better away travelling and atmosphere. The money used for it would be much better spent on a player budget

Threads on the stomp suggesting we let under 16s in for free what is everybodys opinion on this? Personally not for it at the moment as recent news shows how weak we are financially so this would cut our income even further also it would be abused - its ridiculous how many people in their 20's pay in the concession gate. as I've said before the best way to encourage more fans is to win games which has a wider impact as it improves fan attitudes and makes for better away travelling and atmosphere. The money used for it would be much better spent on a player budget

Its an excellent idea if monitored correctly for abuse of trust. Additional income from parents who are enticed by the scheme will outweigh the loss from the kids.

Archived