The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have just released our back up goalie. It's destined to be.

Come back Grant :lol:

There's been a rumour floating around for a while that there was always an offer on the table for him when his deal ended with Dundee - if he couldn't get another full time club. It seems too coincidental to me that Birnstigl leaves & then Adam is released days later. I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back.

Delighted with the Prunty signing - he's a top player for this level who will get us goals. He's also pretty passionate about the club which helps! I think while Lister & Parker both have good attributes, we'd be extremely lucky to get 15 goals between them this season. As for John Boyle, who knows if & when he'll be again. It certainly looked bad when he crumpled a few weeks back.

We have Prunty & Richards-Everton, if we were to get Adam & a centre mid I'd fancy us to challenge for the top 4.

There's been a rumour floating around for a while that there was always an offer on the table for him when his deal ended with Dundee - if he couldn't get another full time club. It seems too coincidental to me that Birnstigl leaves & then Adam is released days later. I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back.

Delighted with the Prunty signing - he's a top player for this level who will get us goals. He's also pretty passionate about the club which helps! I think while Lister & Parker both have good attributes, we'd be extremely lucky to get 15 goals between them this season. As for John Boyle, who knows if & when he'll be again. It certainly looked bad when he crumpled a few weeks back.

We have Prunty & Richards-Everton, if we were to get Adam & a centre mid I'd fancy us to challenge for the top 4.

I'd tend to agree with you on all of those points.

Line-up could be:

Adam

O'Neil - Rich-Eve - Fitzpatrick - Boyle

Gray - Blockley - New CM - Watt

Lister - Prunty

Subs: McNeil, Proctor, Wilson, Bain, Stewart, Boyle, Kirwan then youngsters.

I wonder if there are any SPL youngsters we could get a loan to fill the hole in CM. Hammill just isn't good enough unfortunately.

Richards-Everton's only here until January which is kind of a lose situation when it comes to January as he'll either have played good and Partick will want him back or he will play rotten and we might get him back! Like Fitzpatrick better at centre mid and agree that Grant Adam will almost certainly be in the Diamond again by our next game!

Richards-Everton's only here until January which is kind of a lose situation when it comes to January as he'll either have played good and Partick will want him back or he will play rotten and we might get him back! Like Fitzpatrick better at centre mid and agree that Grant Adam will almost certainly be in the Diamond again by our next game!

Feel a bit sorry for McNeil who, in comparison to some of keepers over the past few years, hasn't done too badly.

Adam is that good a passer we could play him in center mid

Archived