The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he'll score goals at this level.

But then again I thought Coult would too.

Today's teams as per twitter:

McNeil; O'Neill, Boyle, Richards-Everton, Fitzpatrick; Stewart, Blockley, Watt, Bain; Lister, Kirwan. Subs: Parker, Hammill, Wilson, Grey, Trialist (Bullock as GK), Haggerty, Cadden.

Reidford; Hamilton, Forsyth, McClune, Wedderburn, C Smith, D Smith, Comrie, G Smith, Cunningham, Fulton. Subs: Creaney, Robertson, Coult, McGeachie, Paterson, Smith.

Heard John Boyle's out until January! Maybe he's been let go and that's why Prunts is back. For me we were crying out for Cadden to come on for Stewart (who once again proved he shouldn't be getting a game for us) and then for Watt to get moved inside (where he has been the best player on the park the last couple of games). Cadden's delivery and Watt's direct running we're what we missed today. Hopefully Prunts can provide the finishing touch that's been missing from our players so far!

With Boyle, Kirwan, Lister and Parker could we really afford another striker anyway?

Hate saying it but Boyle looks to be finished after his knee injury. We may as well discount him and if he ever gets back to full fitness it's a bonus. Kirwan and Lister are very similar and none of them have the goal scoring instinct.

Prunty went through spells at us where he was really poor but if he gets his confidence up he'll add the killer instinct that we've been lacking.

Good luck to Bryan, been a great player for us and he'll be missed. He's left us as Murray couldn't guarantee him a starting place so I imagine Airdrie have told him he'll be in the team. He's overhead kick at Livi will probably be the best goal I'll ever see :wub: .

Archived