The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent player Airdrie fans?

Started off poorly in his first few games but settled in and developed a great partnership with Buchanan and became a solid centre half partnership. Surprised to see him given a full time deal after under half a season at Airdrie part time but he will do a good job for Morton in this division. I'm sure the jump to full time will improve him even more so it will be a good signing. A consistently reliable centre half.

A disappointing one to lose and without a goalkeeper it's looking rather dark for the season ahead for Airdrie!

My optimism for this season is fading quickly.

Seems we may have been premature in letting go Lamie and Evans.

At the moment I'm guessing our lineup will resemble something like

Adam (hopefully)

O'Neil NewCB Fitzpatrick Boyle

Cadden Blockley Watt Hamill

Lister Parker

Not too upset about this one. Not as good a player as Buchanan and a bombscare at times (albeit I still would have liked him to stay).

That's now Barr, Buchanan, McAleer, Milojevic and likely Adam away now. Our best players arguably.

Still wouldn't call it 'worrying times' just yet.

Where does he play? He'll never get a game over paddy Boyle at LB maybe move up to CM

IIRC he was LB for every game apart from maybe a couple of tactical disasters where he ended up at left mid. definitely not a CB though.

If Grant Drummond is over his injury problems, he may be a first pick at CB. Bollan obviously likes him, and he hasn't put a foot wrong when called upon. Was excellent at Ibrox, very mature performances for such a young defender.

After losing Stefan and big Gregor plus McLeer , Barr an d probably Adam next season is shaping up to be a nightmare you wonder why Gary Bollan would extend his contract with a chairman who has no ambition for the team and who should really put the club up for sale and ship out.

Milojevic, Buchanan and Barr are relatively young players trying to make a career in the game, of course they're going to take the offer of full-time football if it comes along.

What do you suggest, we stand in their way? We offer them full time wages and get into debt?

To suggest a lack of ambition is nonsense, the extension of Bollan's contract (presumably not for peanuts) shows that. Some of our fans need to get real.

Archived