The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^Bitter much???

But on a serious note, is he any good, obviously Bollan didn't try to sign him, How did he play for you guys, honestly don't remember him from our last game, did you rate him???

^^^Bitter much???

But on a serious note, is he any good, obviously Bollan didn't try to sign him, How did he play for you guys, honestly don't remember him from our last game, did you rate him???

Haha. We did offer him a deal so I'm shocked he's dropped down a league. The two teams although were both at the bottom of the league most of the season were miles apart at the end. Also watched east fife at Clyde and Clyde should have won and your players looked utterly hopeless. Why sign for that?

I'm sure we can bring in someone just as good or better anyway so I wouldn't say I'm bitter

Well for a start, out of the Team that played against Clyde at Clyde that you had the privilege of watching, all have been booted, bar three, so new squad, new team, new start so the guy hasn't signed for that, perhaps he's looking for a challenge!!!

And re. the original question, is he any good???

Well for a start, out of the Team that played against Clyde at Clyde that you had the privilege of watching, all have been booted, bar three, so new squad, new team, new start so the guy hasn't signed for that, perhaps he's looking for a challenge!!!

And re. the original question, is he any good???

He scored the first goal in the last game against you last season.

He's got bags of potential, very quick and quite tricky. His end product can sometimes be poor & he has a tendency to do too much but he's still only 19.

We offered him a deal & frankly I'm disappointed he's dropped a league below but it isn't the first time it's happened to us. I'd hazard a guess he's been offered more at EF.

Technically you've got a very good player on your hands but he's at a crucial stage in terms of how he'll develop so I reckon he'd need strong coaching.

All the best to the lad, he did well for us. Disappointed to lose him, but he's not irreplaceable

Can only see it as money driven unless as some people saying you've offered him full time?

He's a good player yes. Improved game by game very pacey can take on defenders and scored a few good goals. Should do well in the bottom tier.

He scored the first goal in the last game against you last season.

He's got bags of potential, very quick and quite tricky. His end product can sometimes be poor & he has a tendency to do too much but he's still only 19.

We offered him a deal & frankly I'm disappointed he's dropped a league below but it isn't the first time it's happened to us. I'd hazard a guess he's been offered more at EF.

Technically you've got a very good player on your hands but he's at a crucial stage in terms of how he'll develop so I reckon he'd need strong coaching.

All the best to the lad, he did well for us. Disappointed to lose him, but he's not irreplaceable

Good reply, cheers!!!

And now I remember him, he was quite tricky in that game, he should do ok!!!

Our budgetis less than it was last Season, which in turn was less than the Season before, so I doubt that he was offered more. Perhaps it was just the chance to work with the Legend that is The Naysmith!!!

Can only see it as money driven unless as some people saying you've offered him full time?

He's a good player yes. Improved game by game very pacey can take on defenders and scored a few good goals. Should do well in the bottom tier.

:rolleyes:

We are not Full-Time, only the Youth players and the Frenchies were Full-Time last Season, bar Willis and McBride (I know, I know, how did that happen), The Frenchies were away by Christmas, Willis followed not long after and McBride is now away!!!

I repeat, we are not a Full-Time Club!!!

Very disappointed at that. Complete lack of ambition on McAleer's part. Why play in the bottom tier when he could play here, for a team with his mates in it and who have a good chance of making the play - offs? Wouldn't have thought East Fife could offer more money but I guess they must have as I see no other reason to sign for that dross.

Any ideas how much McAleer's on at East Fife or is it pure speculation that he's getting better wages there than Airdrie were offering?

Pure speculation on the Airdrie fan's part!!!

Making up reasons in order to deal with the reality of the situation methinks!!!

Archived