The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please please please, go for it this season. I'd love to see Airdrieonians back in the first division/championship. With Gary Bollan staying it should be all the incentive you need.

The issue with having a Diamond on the away top is that it incurs extra cost instead of just taking an "off-the-shelf" design.

Right enough - hadn't considered that. Still... this purple thing is pretty honking! :1eye For me, black with the red diamond is the best away top we've had. And good to see the red shorts back. I've always preferred the red or black shorts to white.

BTW - here's the full kit designs for this season: http://airdriefc.com/news/2014/05/kits

Good news if Buchanan are Parker are indeed signing.

Steady old friend you'll get yourself lynched.

But Nipper are you saying that there are bigots associated with our fine club?! Surely not.

The way I see it is we had Nazi's on the front page of our programme, the Nazi's were assisted by the Vatican in their escape to South America, ipso facto they are ALL good guys. No?

But Nipper are you saying that there are bigots associated with our fine club?! Surely not.

The way I see it is we had Nazi's on the front page of our programme, the Nazi's were assisted by the Vatican in their escape to South America, ipso facto they are ALL good guys. No?

Yes fair enough I can follow your line of reasoning but I think some of the boys would prefer it if you didn't make that particular connection.

Who does everyone want first game of the season? A trip to fife to laugh at Jeffries would do me!

Sounds good to me, would be good to get off to a winning start !!! Either that or Morton at home. Loved watching Duffy trying to catch one of our boys after the final whistle at Perth at the end of the B and Q cup final against Dundee.

The issue with having a Diamond on the away top is that it incurs extra cost instead of just taking an "off-the-shelf" design.

Point taken - but there seem to be plenty of strips with the Man Utd "pseudo diamond" that could have been adapted. The Home strip is still not a true diamond as i remember it on the classic strips of the 60s/70s/80s

Can't share the link on my phone but it seems like we're signing John Gibson, ex Dundee goalkeeper, after he had agreed to sign for Elgin. Hopefully it will just be as second choice keeper and Adam will sign on again.

Archived