The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

I've heard he's penned a new deal at Dumbarton AND I've also heard he's away to Albion Rovers - if so it could be an absolute coup for them.

Prunty isn't the kind of player that Bollan wants though if we keep Lister. We need a small, pacy striker with high work rate to do the legwork and chase the ball - i.e. a Parker or a Boyle.

I agree with Airdrieman that with Boyle, Coogans, Lister and Parker that another striker might not be needed at all, and the money we save from getting rid of Coult could be spent on keeping Stefan or Grant.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where about in America is Kirkcaldy?

Oops !! change of plan. That came from another player. The boy deserves it but would probably feel better if he was going to America or a transfer fee was involved. Best of luck to the guy anyway and I hope we meet up in 2016 in the Championship.

Where about in America is Kirkcaldy?

Clearly he's been listening to Geordie Munro ;)

Happy with signing Barr, Airdrie's loss is our gain this time and we have been dire at the back this season so hopefully he can plug the hole we have certainly seems to e highly regarded by your fans and always played well against us for Livingston. Been impressed with Airdrie's run recently and unlike ourselves the end of the season came too soon for you guys.

Craig Barr was outstanding for us and played a major part in the turnaround at the club. His relationship with Bollan was obviously key and I'm sure we all wish him well at Raith. It looks like you've also got our Commercial Manager, hope you don't take the manager as well.

Interesting stuff from the statement. Admitting there is a shortfall in income.

Heard about Longmuir at the last game of the season. Jobs for the boys I suppose.

I think Longmuir will be a good appt. He has good commercial experience from before he joined the SFL, and is at least local with knowledge of the Airdrie area and businesses....something that John Drysdale lacked.

Its a positive statement, although still not confirming where we will play next season...just where we hope to.

Is a "challenge match" just another word for a friendly then... Will this be at Cliftonhill?

Yes, although it's some sort of charity game with all the money going to Cash4kids. I think/assume it is taking place at Cliftonhill.

Archived