The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewan McNeil saying on Twitter that he might be coming back. Very good player though can he play centre - half as I don't think we need another right - back.

McNeil at centerhalf Jamie Bain is taller than him a don't think we need another midget at the back along with the two other duds in Fitzpatrick and proctor

Ewan McNeil saying on Twitter that he might be coming back. Very good player though can he play centre - half as I don't think we need another right - back.

I don't think he said he might be coming back exactly, did he? Was it not more he enjoyed his time at Airdrie and would like to come back some day? As others have said, as good as he is, we just don't need anyone else in that position.

I see Stuart Kettlewell has been released by Ross County - probably well out of our budget range but he'd be an excellent addition!

Reckon that would be a cracking signing, regardless of the position he played. A lot better than some players we have playing at the back for us.

I think Kettlewell's injured at the moment and was only at Ross County for the last few months trying to recover from an operation, so he won't be signing for anyone anytime soon, not that he was ever likely to sign for us.

One of my all time favourites. He loved playing & scoring against the Bairns at a time when us, Falkirk and Dunfermline were regularly battling for promotion. Scored some good goals from midfield. We could do with a few his ilk in this current team. Pity he missed the 92 cup final thru injury esp after scoring at Easter rd in an earlier round.

Richards-Everton's aerial dominance and technical ability with the ball at his feet has alerted a host of clubs to his talent

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/9066772/transfer-news-ben-richards-everton-attracting-football-league-interest

Has apparently interested top flight English clubs, so to suggest he is going to Partick Thistle then to us seems quite far fetched.

Archived