The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

Contradicts what Bollan said about re signing him.

Gary explained, "I have known Andy for a long time and he will be an excellent addition to the squad and brings with him bags of experience and enthusiasm".

I'm not sure it does, to be fair.

It would be amusing, however, if:

Gary explained, "In purely technical terms, he's a fine goalkeeper, but he's also a complete bottle merchant. Even if (and it's a big if) he settles into fairly decent league form his arse will collapse completely if we reached the playoffs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be amusing, however, if:

Gary explained, "In purely technical terms, he's a fine goalkeeper, but he's also a complete bottle merchant. Even if (and it's a big if) he settles into fairly decent league form his arse will collapse completely if we reached the playoffs.

Speaking of arses collapsing in playoffs....?

Well he's basically said no manager would ever sign him after they found him out

Bollan has just Re signed him so kinda blows that out the water no?

Coult's a character, seems like a good guy to have around the club. On the field I thought he got more stick from our fans than he deserved, he scored a few goals and generally did ok. Very much a confidence player though, if he misses an easy chance his head will drop and he'll be worse than a man down for the next wee while.

Lewis Coult is training with us (Stirling) today? Worth a punt?

Although widely ridiculed by opposition fans and, indeed, some of our own, he managed to be our top scorer for the first half of the season playing under Jimmy Boyle. Given the circumstances of the time - Boyle in charge, team with no confidence, zero service - he did OK. He missed an absolute sitter at one home game, cant remember which, lost his confidence then never really returned. Obviously not rated by Bollan, he was one of the first to be told he could go.

Wasn't sad to see the back of him as he was getting no chance under Bollan but wish the lad well.

Lewis Coult is training with us (Stirling) today? Worth a punt?

He could be a bit hit & miss for us. Seemed a decent enough guy & well liked by a lot of the team. Bollan on the other hand seems to go for straight laced/disciplined players, Coult isn't his type of player.

Nice to see that the lads are back in training.

In Coatbridge.

The shape of things to come?

Are we still on all that nonsense? They're going nowhere.

I know news has been a bit slow but there's no need to dredge up a bunch of unsubstantiated rumours again.

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the bit where someone actually came out and officially said that we couldn't afford the stadium and we would have to move.

Well I, the rest of the Trust committee & shareholders were at meetings with Jim Ballantyne & his family, where Jim Ballantyne claimed exactly that. His projected "accounts" :rolleyes: showing a loss of £75,000.

That said there are two sides to every story. I wish I hadn't jumped in believing the lies we were fed from the club.

This is depressing.

Most definitely. :( Any time spent dealing with the club and it becomes plainly obvious why so many diehard Airdrie fans & other businessmen who've been involved walkaway from the club. Its very hard to motivate yourself to arrange any events to help the club when you feel like most of your time is spent fighting the club and their backward outlook. But you just have to get on with things and hope one day we can get rid of them and have a proper community club.

Anyway enough of the negative stuff. The Trust have a stall at the Airdrie Fair on Saturday:

- Official launching of the KitAid, swap a strip for a free under 16s season ticket initiative.

- Selling merchandise.

- And the ML6 lager will be on sale from Saturday in the Avenue, Cellar Bar, Cue Here, Pro-Bowl, West End & Yesterdays. As well as carryouts from Colas.

Archived