The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep the usual idiots will jump on this. No one did well for Morton last season though did they. I'm happy to give him a chance.

Marc Fitzpatrick is the worst left-back I've seen in a long, long line of hopeless left-backs to have washed up at the club. Worse than Ross Forsyth. Even worse than Chris Smith.

Marc Fitzpatrick is the worst left-back I've seen in a long, long line of hopeless left-backs to have washed up at the club. Worse than Ross Forsyth. Even worse than Chris Smith.

You'll probably be proven right although our assistant manager was at Ross County with him so you'd think he believes we can get something out him. Surely!?

Not overly concerned by the critique from the Morton fans.

He's played at a higher level than this and should stroll this league.

I'd now like to see McCormack signed up as he looked comfortable sitting in front of the back four. But more pressingly, we need, need, need a Craig Barr type in the middle. I hope that is where Bollans energies are currently focussed.

Anyway, rather than getting worried with comparisons to Sinclair, we should be putting our faith in this Manager and whoever he signs. He deserves that after the finish to last season.

Ross County fans are saying that he should do a good job. Will be solid but unspectacular and can also provide cover in the midfield. Time will tell I guess.

Pretty sure they said the same when he signed for us. Fitzpatrick was very poor in a poor side for the majority of the season. He did improve for a few games then went back to the norm . Delighted he's away.

Sounds as if Fitzpatrick is in Similar situation to the one Scott McLaughlin was in when he left Morton and came to us. pleased with him signing.

I think he's a good signing.

Archived