The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

A can assure anyone on here that he is not signing with Airdrie or Albion Rovers for that matter. Heard of a good source last week who he was going to but he's currently back home in Ireland so can't sign just yet.

Why would he leave Airdrie - who have a good chance of making the playoffs and could be playing league one next season to play for dross in the lowest tier of Scottish football? Unless they were offering substantially higher wages it wouldn't make sense and would show a lack of ambition on his part.

Of course I hope he stays as he was a great player for us last season, however he isn't irreplaceable and I trust GB will bring in a squad able to compete for a playoff spot this year against Dunfermline/Morton/Stranraer/Ayr/Stenny.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would he leave Airdrie - who have a good chance of making the playoffs and could be playing league one next season to play for dross in the lowest tier of Scottish football? Unless they were offering substantially higher wages it wouldn't make sense and would show a lack of ambition on his part.

Of course I hope he stays as he was a great player for us last season, however he isn't irreplaceable and I trust GB will bring in a squad able to compete for a playoff spot this year against Dunfermline/Morton/Stranraer/Ayr/Stenny.

maybe this team can offer more. Not only money on his behalf he stayed in digs with Patrick am sure. Only time will tell where he ends up but prity sure it ain't the 2 that's been mentioned.

maybe this team can offer more. Not only money on his behalf he stayed in digs with Patrick am sure. Only time will tell where he ends up but prity sure it ain't the 2 that's been mentioned.

Our offer included digs as well as a decent amount of money, so once again; I fail to see why he'd go any lower than our league.

McAleer did ok for Airdrie last season but dont think hes worth a five or six club fight for his services.

He was certainly one of our better players toward the end of the season and pretty much everyone has said they'd like to see him again. He'll not be as big a loss as Buchanan or Barr (or Lister had he gone) but he'll be difficult to replace. We've plenty time before pre-season but having the likes of McAleer signed and having some continuity about the squad would certainly be a bonus.

I'd not be surprised if he went to a team in this league for more money though, I don't think he did enough to warrant attention from any Championship side.

Fitzpatrick was pretty poor for Morton in the first division (on match reports anyway, I didn't see us at all last season). I expect there will be a few of these - :lol: - from the Morton fans shortly.

yep the usual idiots will jump on this. No one did well for Morton last season though did they. I'm happy to give him a chance.

Archived