The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rate Gibson as being better than Adam personally. Gibson really needs to make it here as he has the potential to be a decent Premiership/Championship goalkeeper, but at 25 time is running out for him to make an impact. He's essentially had the career of a 'Youth' goalkeeper for the past 5 years when he should be fighting it out for a number one spot.

Disappointed about Buchanan. Hopefully we can Milojevic and another decent centre - half signed up ASAP. Sounds promising about Gibson though I'd still like Adam to sign up again for next season. Pleased about Boyle too. Hopefully he'll be fully fit come the start of the season.

Buchanan is huge loss, absolutely huge.

For me he was the lynchpin of that back line but his departure makes the signing of Milojevic even more crucial.

Great to hear John Boyle has re-signed but hoping the good news starts coming thick and fast now.

Buchanan pot offered about two bob More than last season to sign. Got a better deal , much better . And took it. BaIn offered only the same deal as last season. We will offer most players a deal , then they realise that other clubs, or asda , offer more.

Hugely disappointing

Buchanan pot offered about two bob More than last season to sign. Got a better deal , much better . And took it. BaIn offered only the same deal as last season. We will offer most players a deal , then they realise that other clubs, or asda , offer more.

Hugely disappointing

Why is it disappointing? Apart from Buchanan I wouldn't say anyone merited an improved contract. Bain was decent last season, but I highly doubt anyone is going to offer him more than we have, so why throw money away by offering him more? Same applies for most of the players.

Dunfermline throwing stupid money at players is how they got into bother the first time, I would have thought it would have taken longer thab a year before they started doing it again, obviously not.

Very, very disappointing to lose Buchanan. Was the POTY in my opinion, instrumental in turning the season around along with Grant Adam, Craig Barr and Gary Bollan. Solid centre back who's chipped in with some crucial goals, attributes that are almost irreplacable at this level.

Cant really blame the lad for taking a full time offer from Dunfy.

I suppose the signing of Gibson, if the above posts are to be belived, is a positive. I guess he'll be a cheaper option than Adam and I'd be surprised to see Adam here next season.

Although there seems to be a clamour for Milojevic, I'd be surprised if he stays.

It's obvious from the mood music that's been coming from the club that Bollan has his hands tied by a decreasiing budget. We've certainly lost two of our best players in Barr and Buchanan and there may be more to come. It could be a long hard season ahead....

Dunfermline throwing stupid money at players is how they got into bother the first time, I would have thought it would have taken longer thab a year before they started doing it again, obviously not.

Cool your jets.

Its pretty common knowledge that we are the best supported team in the league, so that is financially going to give us an advantage over the other clubs in our division when it comes to signing players.

Two of our more experienced players in Husband and Morris have left the club and we have so far signed two players from yourselves and Ayr. That's hardly throwing stupid money around. Don't let that get in the way of your tears though.

Archived