The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

Source?

Nightlife in Grantown?

Lappies?

Discoteque?

Streetwalkers?

Mob?

I jest, of course. The date and source would be adequate. Plus can we stay at your bit.

Regards.

source iam on clubs commitiee and been discussed at meetings, no nightlife in grantpwn only 2 pubs but Aviemore 12 miles away has a nightclub and numerous pubs, think its july but canny mind exact date

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

source iam on clubs commitiee and been discussed at meetings, no nightlife in grantpwn only 2 pubs but Aviemore 12 miles away has a nightclub and numerous pubs, think its july but canny mind exactly

But can we stay at yours?

And as as addendum to Evil Jims list, I'd like fishing on the Spey....

However, if you'll come and get us at Aviemore Station, drop us off (and you don't mind piss stops and poor humour), take us to the night club and bring us back..

Then I'll forgo the fishing. As long as we can stay at yours.

PM your address.

I don't care and don't mind if that is true.

However, what is to buy? A business with more going out than coming in, 800 or so expectant fans living on past glories and no discernible assets.

It's a hard sell.

I don't care and don't mind if that is true.

However, what is to buy? A business with more going out than coming in, 800 or so expectant fans living on past glories and no discernible assets.

It's a hard sell.

Thats been the issue since the club sold the stadium. We have no assets whatsoever at the minute. Players contracts expire on Friday. We may as well be a brass plate company.

Thats been the issue since the club sold the stadium. We have no assets whatsoever at the minute. Players contracts expire on Friday. We may as well be a brass plate company.

You forgot guaranteed access to 600 of the grumpiest supporters in Scottish football (aka "the core support").

Elaborate?

Two things, the discussions between Bollan and Tricky Dicky over the player budget and as Tory Boy hinted on the Stomp there's a lot more $h!&$ to come out over the next few days/weeks which may or may not involve big changes. As has already been pointed out above, someone of Longmuirs' s standing isn't here to get sponsorship from the local pubs and promote the bingo at half time.

The budget thing just makes me want to spew though, Ballantyne just doesn't get it. The last three home games we averaged over 1000, why ? because Bollan put a winning team on the park MORE MONEY for the club, possibly between £12000 and £15000 more over the three games. Every year it's a bit like hoping for a bike at Xmas and getting a selection box.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bollan walked.

Two things, the discussions between Bollen and Tricky Dicky over the player budget and as Tory Boy hinted on the Stomp there's a lot more $h!&$ to come out over the next few days/weeks which may or may not involve big changes. As has already been pointed out above, someone of Longmuirs' s standing isn't here to get sponsorship from the local pubs and promote the bingo at half time.

The budget thing just makes me want to spew though, Ballantyne just doesn't get it. The last three home games we averaged over 1000, why ? because Bollen put a winning team on the park MORE MONEY for the club, possibly between £12000 and £15000 more over the three games. Every year it's a bit like hoping for a bike at Xmas and getting a selection box.

I can understand where Ballantyne is coming from as for him, he's a businessman and wants to get at least some return.

However, everyone knows football is not a business from which return is made, and quite frankly if he wants it he is in the wrong business. It is imperative to keep a winning squad on the park - as we have seen over the last few weeks of the season - it makes for bigger attendances and more money in the door. Its moderately similar to "speculate to accumulate". Greater success will mean greater interest in the local community which means this "business alliance" which is trying to be set up will sell itself.

If Bollan goes (and after the budget discussions I think he will) the chairman should just admit he really isn't interested and go. John Drysdale 'retired', maybe he should.

Agree that Longmuir won't be arranging a new lottery or bingo system, but think that he is on Mission Impossible.

Kenny Shiels anyone?

A bit premature talking about Bollan leaving. Will we have a smaller budget than last season?

Don't know what he was promised to take things forward, but you would have thought with the increase in crowds Ballantyne would have recognised the value in providing a realistic budget to operate at the top end of the league.

Archived