Stenhousemuir Summer 2014

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weatherston isn't a winger

I can see already you're going to be a joy over the next 12 months.

Weatherston played as a winger in the past so it was a relatively straightforward assumption to have made. Either way, I'd still love to see him at Stenhousemuir.

I can see already you're going to be a joy over the next 12 months.

Weatherston played as a winger in the past so it was a relatively straightforward assumption to have made. Either way, I'd still love to see him at Stenhousemuir.

He's a striker now, well played up top for us.

He's not signed a new contract with us yet, so he could be on his way to Stenny.

David Weatherston? If so, dang. Liked the guy for a long, long time and would have loved to seen him at Ochilview.

In other news, the laborious John Gemmell saga has come to a close with the striker joining Albion Rovers on a two-year contract. The Rovers clearly putting last season's bounty to good use - the guy should destroy League 2.

I see you appear to have enraged 'The Beast' with this positive comment.

Good luck with Jake by the way. He might be no bad when when he hits puberty.

I see you appear to have enraged 'The Beast' with this positive comment.

Good luck with Jake by the way. He might be no bad when when he hits puberty.

You're obsessed with me

Errol Douglas signed for Spartans.

Looked like he could've been a great asset at the start of the season but seems reactive rather than instinctive. Good luck to him though.

Don't think I'll ever see a single shot hit off both posts in the flesh again!

Errol Douglas signed for Spartans.

Looked like he could've been a great asset at the start of the season but seems reactive rather than instinctive. Good luck to him though.

Don't think I'll ever see a single shot hit off both posts in the flesh again!

Was that the 4-3 game to Ayr. It was easier to score 1on 1 with keeper

So which of your cast offs are we going to pick up this year? Or can we assume that the unofficial links are now broken?

Also, how did Josh Watt look when he was given the chance?? Never really played when we had him on loan (although he looked decent enough when he did get off he bench) but I noticed Scott Booth has gone with him since taking the job and was full of praise in a recent Falkirk Herald article that I read.

So which of your cast offs are we going to pick up this year? Or can we assume that the unofficial links are now broken?

Also, how did Josh Watt look when he was given the chance?? Never really played when we had him on loan (although he looked decent enough when he did get off he bench) but I noticed Scott Booth has gone with him since taking the job and was full of praise in a recent Falkirk Herald article that I read.

Josh Watt was a funny one - signed by Martyn Corrigan and then never used. Punted on loan at the Shire, doesn't really do anything, then suddenly comes into the starting XI when Bomber Ferguson took charge after Corrigan's dismissal. And from that point onwards, he pretty much became one of the most important players in the team. A great technical player, good at taking on his full-back, a decent crosser - the kind of things you're looking from your winger. He's got a bit of a timid streak in him but I'm delighted he's stayed on for next season.

As for Errol Douglas, I was sorry to see him go - I definitely thought there was a player in there somewhere. He certainly had all the raw attributes to have been a success at this level but when three different managers don't trust you - Corrigan, Ferguson and then Scott Booth - there must be something up.

Really hoping there's some signing news coming up on the horizon. I'm going out my box here.

Don't fancy McMenamin really but with the players playing in behind he is going to have to be a bit of a diddy not to score a few.

David O'Brien

Jamie Stevenson

Andy Stirling

Due at McCowan's any day now to finalise deals.

Maybe.

Paul Sludden supposedly signing from Stirling Uni according to the Herald. Unless he has improved ten fold then I can't understand this one whatsoever. He had absolutely nothing about him when he trialed here and left Falkirk.

Archived