Stenhousemuir Summer 2014

Ps I can't understand why on earth Stenny released Gemmell ! Twice the player of Grehan & McMenamin

His mouth is as big as his ego and did the club no favours, a poison in the dressing room. But you're correct, an excellent player on his day.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stenhousemuir have qualified for the semi-final of the Stirlingshire Cup after defeating Stirling Albion 6-0. Forget the Challenge Cup, this is where it's at. Tonight's team was largely made up from the development squad but Stewart Greacen and Colin McMenamin played. Paul-Jon Sludden scored a hat-trick, the pick of them being a melter from 30 yards.

All of the above information came from the Stirling Albion Twitter account - the last post on the SFC one was on the morning of our match with Brora Rangers. Pretty shameful stuff.

Guest The Phoenix

Stenhousemuir have qualified for the semi-final of the Stirlingshire Cup after defeating Stirling Albion 6-0. Forget the Challenge Cup, this is where it's at. Tonight's team was largely made up from the development squad but Stewart Greacen and Colin McMenamin played. Paul-Jon Sludden scored a hat-trick, the pick of them being a melter from 30 yards.

All of the above information came from the Stirling Albion Twitter account - the last post on the SFC one was on the morning of our match with Brora Rangers. Pretty shameful stuff.

Attendance 189

14 Stennie First Team Squad on the team sheet and 4 for SAFC

8 of our starting 11 were 19 or under.

Having said that, I was impressed with Stennie who passed the ball for fun and broke forward with pace.

For us our G/K (first teamer) didn't have his finest evening in the office and of the youngsters, Tommy McAllister (7*) was particularly impressive.

Sludden was clinical and his 35 yarder was indeed a melter.

Your young G/K didn't put a foot (or a hand) wrong all night.

I wouldn't argue with Mr Greacen!

Mission accomplished (to get last Saturday out of the system) for Stennie and a great learning experience for our youngsters.

Our media coverage is second to none and as with most Clubs at our level is down to the dedication of a couple of individuals.

(* - Shirt number not age)

I was up playing fives and didn't see the match I think I saw one of the goals where Callum Reidford came out to claim a cross, completely missed it, and watched on as it dribbled into the net.

That's the Reidford we all know and love.

I can only praise Stirling Albion's coverage - I only know of the work they do on Twitter but compared to my own club it's night and day.

Hello, I have been writing brief season previews for each team in Scotland and I have just published my Stenhousemuir preview (here). It would be good if a few people gave it a read and if there is any feedback it is welcome! Also please point out if there are any errors (usually in the players in and out columns, some clubs are terrible for tracking news down)

Cheer in advance!

Hello, I have been writing brief season previews for each team in Scotland and I have just published my Stenhousemuir preview (here). It would be good if a few people gave it a read and if there is any feedback it is welcome! Also please point out if there are any errors (usually in the players in and out columns, some clubs are terrible for tracking news down)

Cheer in advance!

Ross McMillan has re-signed with us, he hadn't been released.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Stenny on your Stirlingshire Cup win tonight; well deserved, and you looked like you'll be a handful for whoever you play in the final. Cracking third goal too.

Greg Fleming has signed a short-term agreement with the club as cover for Chris Smith.

He was playing at Celtic Nation until it all went tits up.

Stenny have a "thing" for signing 'keepers that made massive blunders while in goals for us it seems. Hope it works out though tbh, good lad, capable of being a good keeper. Was in goals against Stenhousmuir in the Scottish Cup games a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be getting rave reviews from the Jambos should be a cracking signing.

Signed Tom Walsh on loan from Rangers as well a two footed attacking midfielder.

We have been craving help for Grehan since the season started hopefully these two can share of some of the burden as no one else has really stepped up to the plate.

Archived