Stenhousemuir Summer 2014

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicky Devlin any good?

Was outstanding when he first broke through into our first team, was all right when he came back on loan last season but is nowhere near as good as Paul McGinn. As I said earlier though I'd probably take him back at the Sons.

He's regressed pretty badly in the last few years but the tools are there for him to be a quality player just needs the correct coaching.

Which part-time managers don't have the luxury to do with only training twice a week. Martyn Corrigan admitted as much to me at the AGM last year.One night for fitness and ball work and the other for preparing for the game on the Sat. Very very little time for coaching individuals.

As has been said, Devlin had an excellent first spell with us and then unfortunately since then he has been nowhere near those levels. Always gives 100% but wasn't a surprise he had been let go.

Guest Alessandro

Excellent news! But can I question sources? Can't find anything on twitter.

The player himself

Guest Alessandro

Can see Gemmell with us, interacting a lot with Ayr fans the now and bigging us up for next season.

Don't flatter yourselves...he's shopping around.

The definitive list of Stenhousemuir's ins and outs so far - CLICK

Delighted to see Ross McMillan and, hopefully Chris Smith staying on. We've got the bedrock of a very good defence, something we didn't have last summer. I'm excited to see what happens from here.

Archived