Stenhousemuir Summer 2014

Our season is done and speculation is flying. What we do know is:

- Greacen signed 18 month deal when he joined in January.

- Dickson signed a 2 year deal last summer.

- Devlin has tonight announced on Twitter he has left.

- Ross Brash has left.

- Gemmell has signed on but may leave now Booth is in place.

It's been a pretty disappointing season but I'd keep:

- Chris Smith - joining the police so he might have to pack it in, can only hope not as he saved us so many points this season.

- Ciaran Summers - been excellent at left back since getting his chance.

- Ross McMillan - clumsy at times and guaranteed a couple of reds a season but a very good defender at this level.

- Robbie Duncan - like Summer but not quite as good.

- Hodge - outstanding midfielder

- Rowson - on the condition he slots in at the back.

- Watt - great control and natural width. His pace can cause problems.

- Gemmell - like him or not, 15+ goal a season strikers are hard to come by.

- McNeil - rapid, direct and young, a huge asset.

Players like McKinlay, Malone, Lynch are on too much money and not doing enough to earn it so would happily see him leave. Errol would be unfortunate but he really hasn't done much when given a chance, albeit sporadically..

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross McNeil gone too by the looks of it unfortunately.

@Rossmcneil91: So last game with Stenhousemuir done! Enjoyed my time playing with them and some really top players! Wish them all the best for the future

I hope we keep Watt, Lynch, Hodge, Gemmell. Players such as Higgins, McKinlay I don't mind staying but I won't lose any sleep if we let them go.

Obviously if there is any chance of Chris Smith staying he will be the first player signed on.

CLEAR OUT!!

McMillan, Lynch, Douglas, Higgins, Malone and Darren Smith all join McNeil and Devlin out the door. Thanks to all their contributions, especially McMillan for the past few seasons.

Gemmell also told he can find a new club.

Amazing.

Doesn't seem that long ago he was singled out as one of the best strikers in the lower leagues by our resident Press Gangs own Dexter Fletcher.

Sure an Ayr fan chipped in with something like "he's in the form of his career".

The counter, from my good self, was that he'd had under a season of good form at Stenny.

Guess I was right..

CLEAR OUT!!

McMillan, Lynch, Douglas, Higgins, Malone and Darren Smith all join McNeil and Devlin out the door. Thanks to all their contributions, especially McMillan for the past few seasons.

That is a serious clear out. Who's left?

Guess Booth doesn't read THHP?

I'm assuming Kris Faulds just hasn't made the grade at Stenny? He looked promising coming through our youth team over the years and with his brief spell in the first team but hasn't worked out. Seen him tweeting looking for jobs the other week so hopefully he gets something

What's happens with Higgins? Or is it a case of if he put in the same effort into playing as he does with his horrific haircut he would be an asset. Vain twat

Archived