Euro Election May 22nd.

I don't even know who is standing in Kirkcaldy, or what euro constituency I'm in. I don't really have much inclination to vote.

You're in the Scottish constituency -Scotland. like Northern Ireland and Wales, is just one constituency.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNP will get 2 or 3 seats, Labour will get 1 or 2 seats, Tories will get 1 and the LibDems will get 1. That's the result if the parties spend twenty quadrillian apiece campaigning, or if they spend nowt - so why spend anything? All the SNP's money is going on the Referendum, Labour are bankrupt and eyeing up a General Election next year. It makes absolutely sod-all difference which party's candidate gets elected because they all vote the same way in the European Parliament anyway.

They don't care about your vote because the faceless functionaries win anyway.

The polls suggest that the SNP would need to f**k things up to not get 3, Labour should likewise get 2 and the 6th and final seat is where the real competition is.

Conservatives are currently leading the contest for "Best of the Rest" but UKIP, Libdems and Greens aren't out of it yet

SNP will get 2 or 3 seats, Labour will get 1 or 2 seats, Tories will get 1 and the LibDems will get 1. That's the result if the parties spend twenty quadrillian apiece campaigning, or if they spend nowt - so why spend anything? All the SNP's money is going on the Referendum, Labour are bankrupt and eyeing up a General Election next year. It makes absolutely sod-all difference which party's candidate gets elected because they all vote the same way in the European Parliament anyway.

They don't care about your vote because the faceless functionaries win anyway.

Lib Dems won't win a seat. Indication are they'll probably finish 6th in the popular vote.

SNP - At least 2 seats

Labour - Exactly 2 seats

Conservatives - Exactly 1 seat

The 6th and final seat is likely to be between the Greens, UKIP or a 3rd SNP seat. The latter is the most likely outcome. The only other outside shot would be Labour to top the poll over the Nats and win a 3rd seat.

I don't even know who is standing in Kirkcaldy, or what euro constituency I'm in. I don't really have much inclination to vote.

Your Constituency is Scotland. Scotland is one big Constituency.

Lib Dems won't win a seat. Indication are they'll probably finish 6th in the popular vote.

SNP - At least 2 seats

Labour - Exactly 2 seats

Conservatives - Exactly 1 seat

The 6th and final seat is likely to be between the Greens, UKIP or a 3rd SNP seat. The latter is the most likely outcome. The only other outside shot would be Labour to top the poll over the Nats and win a 3rd seat.

Your Constituency is Scotland. Scotland is one big Constituency.

Yeh, just checked that out. Know f**k all about the candidates either. Big turn off. Cannot be arsed with it. If I do get dragged along by the wife I'll maybe vote for a loony party for a laugh.

You're in the Scottish constituency -Scotland. like Northern Ireland and Wales, is just one constituency.

Combining Scotland and NI for that might be a way to generate a bit of interest in these elections. Just a way for a few well-connected political hacks to clamber aboard the gravy train.

I had a look at the people who are standing today. Seriously, slim pickings.

I've decided to plump for the Lib-dems, mainly as George Lyon answered a letter from me when he was an MSP. Can't even remember what I wrote to him about. Might have been train fares. Anyway, the combined CVs of the others wouldn't interest anyone, so Georgie boy gets the vote by default.

Might still vote Greens. One of these no-hopers is getting my vote, if I can be arsed walking to the polling station, which isn't a given.

Are the Greens in with a shout? SNP likely if not, strong Yes vote would be symbolic.

I was under the assumption the 6th (?) seat was between either Greens, UKIP or the Lib Dems.

That'll be the reason for me voting the Green party anyway, and it'll be my first ever vote so may as well head along.

Is anyone actually voting in this?

Down here it seems apathy rules, I don't know anybody that is (admitting to) voting.

I haven't voted since a council election in Dundee in 1992 when I voted for the Dundee manager, at the time, Simon Stainrod's hat.

I'm undecided this time, I have checked and I have choice of racist parties, c***s and no hopers.

Should Simon Stainrod's hat get my vote again or is there someone more deserving?

I hate all politicians no matter what flavour they are.

I'm voting, what's the point in complaining that the EU is undemocratic/unrepresentative if you don't participate.

I'm not voting, don't want to be a part of the EU , would feel like a bit of a hypocrite

There are at least four parties running that advocate leaving. Not voting because you don't agree with it doesn't make you a hypocrite. Voting in Westminster elections doesn't make nationalists hypocrites.

I'm not voting, don't want to be a part of the EU , would feel like a bit of a hypocrite

No2EU sounds like the party for you!

Personally, I fucking hate any organisation, company, political party or whatever, that substitutes numbers for words in their name. So f**k No2EU. f**k them in the ear.

After spending a total of two minutes looking into this election I've decided to vote Labour as usual.

What drew you to them? I had a look through the candidates, to see if there was any slight thing that made me think I should vote for them. Started reading the Greens manifesto, but very quickly got bored with that. How did you pick? Just want to pump Catherine Stihler? Looks okay in her younger photos. The SNP third choice is a looker too. The other parties are missing a trick here, especially UKIP. All you need is a sexy lady in there to win the pervert vote.

Archived