Euro Election May 22nd.

If they suspect attempted voter fraud, they'll probably ask you for ID. Otherwise there is virtually no protection. If the other person subsequently shows up, though, and they have them down as already having voted, they can trace the ballot by its unique identifier and exclude it, and provide them with another ballot with which to vote.

I doubt very much that the staff employed at polling stations will be experts in detecting attempted voter fraud.

They're more likely to be overjoyed by the fact that someone's come in to cast a vote. If that someone ends up voting twice or more, so much the better!

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt very much that the staff employed at polling stations will be experts in detecting attempted voter fraud.

They're more likely to be overjoyed by the fact that someone's come in to cast a vote. If that someone ends up voting twice or more, so much the better!

"Hold on, I recognise that face... haven't you voted 5 times already today?"

I have done the presiding officer bit and the scoring the names off the list too.

Unless you are attempting to vote on behalf of someone who has already voted nobody gives a f**k. People voting on behalf of friends/family is common enough I suppose and I'm aware of it happening.

Very little.

Fraud is unlikely to happen in the Euros cos you need over 100,000 votes to get in. Local elections, by-elections and general elections are fiddled something chronic though. For example: at one by-election in Fife where the sitting council were Labour, party activists were given the keys to all the empty council houses and flats and told to go looking for polling cards that may have been delivered to departed tenants. Any that were found were used to vote for the Labour candidate.

Got a link?

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone actually voting in this?

Down here it seems apathy rules, I don't know anybody that is (admitting to) voting.

I haven't voted since a council election in Dundee in 1992 when I voted for the Dundee manager, at the time, Simon Stainrod's hat.

I'm undecided this time, I have checked and I have choice of racist parties, c***s and no hopers.

Should Simon Stainrod's hat get my vote again or is there someone more deserving?

I hate all politicians no matter what flavour they are.

Apparently it is usually the nearest public building to you, library, school etc.

Just phone your local racist, they'll know.

Cheers. Not sure who my local racist might be. I live on the South Side of Glasgow.

How do you find the number of your local racist?

Cheers. Not sure who my local racist might be. I live on the South Side of Glasgow.

How do you find the number of your local racist?

I'm on the South Side of Manchester, here you just open the phone book randomly.

Still don't have a polling card but i fancy popping down to try out a bit of voter fraud.

How do you find out where your local polling station is?

It tells you on your polling card...

Got a link?

Personal experience.

I'd also add that the electoral roll is hopelessly out of date in some areas. We were sending canvassers out in Glasgow and they were coming back telling us there were only 2 or 3 registered voters in entire streets.

I don't actually know the names of the people running. I really need to spend an hour looking into this. Considering the amount of decisions now made by the EU the lack of coverage of the European Parliament is quite sad.

I don't actually know the names of the people running. I really need to spend an hour looking into this. Considering the amount of decisions now made by the EU the lack of coverage of the European Parliament is quite sad.

SNP will get 2 or 3 seats, Labour will get 1 or 2 seats, Tories will get 1 and the LibDems will get 1. That's the result if the parties spend twenty quadrillian apiece campaigning, or if they spend nowt - so why spend anything? All the SNP's money is going on the Referendum, Labour are bankrupt and eyeing up a General Election next year. It makes absolutely sod-all difference which party's candidate gets elected because they all vote the same way in the European Parliament anyway.

They don't care about your vote because the faceless functionaries win anyway.

Archived