Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Chupacabra

Probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while, congrats

TBH, I'm sort of in the same boat. It's a case of playing MP with my mates, then COD is the way to go, it's a shit game but the banter goes through it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH, I'm sort of in the same boat. It's a case of playing MP with my mates, then COD is the way to go, it's a shit game but the banter goes through it.

it was more to do with the fact he said he didn't know why it still sells well because it's utterly shit right after saying he's going to blindly buy it. Hint hint that's why

it was more to do with the fact he said he didn't know why it still sells well because it's utterly shit right after saying he's going to blindly buy it. Hint hint that's why

It's almost like all those adults who went to see star wars episodes 1-3.

No way.

MW2 was the start of the decline.

MW1 to MW3 are pretty much the same game. It's just a really really long, really really good one.

It's almost like all those adults who went to see star wars episodes 1-3.

MW1 to MW3 are pretty much the same game. It's just a really really long, really really good one.

Can't agree. From MW2 onwards the fundamentals which made MW1 an absolutely brilliant multi-player game were slowly taken away which has now resulted in the current clusterfuck of a franchise. They tinkered too much with customisation, they made the maps far too big and they ruined the fluidity of the gameplay with choppy and staggered animations. Kill streaks should have maintained the 3-5-7 structure, nothing more or nothing less; it meant that no kill streak was ridiculously overpowered and everyone was on the same playing field in this regard barring connection issues and whether or not they had a surround sound headset.

Ok. somewhat stupid post. fortunately I have started playing CSGO so unlikely I will be buying this unless it finally gets back to the standard set by CoD4. Somehow I doubt it.

I also agree that, although it has fluctuated from half decent to frustratingly bad, the quality has declined since 4. Also what made cod4 so good was its simplicity, nothing too complex. it wasn't perfect but it was considerably more fun that anything that has preceded it.

Hopefully this breaks the trend but I doubt it.

Ok. somewhat stupid post. fortunately I have started playing CSGO so unlikely I will be buying this unless it finally gets back to the standard set by CoD4. Somehow I doubt it.

I also agree that, although it has fluctuated from half decent to frustratingly bad, the quality has declined since 4. Also what made cod4 so good was its simplicity, nothing too complex. it wasn't perfect but it was considerably more fun that anything that has preceded it.

Hopefully this breaks the trend but I doubt it.

Exactly this. COD4 did have some issues with weapon balancing but other than that, I can't think of anything else wrong with it. It's a pipe dream of mine for it to be re-released to be maintained with patches and new maps; maybe even new weapons but it'll never happen unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

I'm frankly astounded these things keep getting cranked out and making huge profits. I've never enjoyed the COD series (not a big FPS fan though, figures) but it's just the same thing over and over. It's basically FIFA/FM, but at least they get player updates.

I've always been a massive advocate of the CoD games but I am really really getting sickened by them.

Ghosts is a shambles, the handicapping in the game is ridiculous. You can empty about 20bullets into someone and they turn and hit you with two and kill you.

Guys with ratios of 0.5 can dominate players of 2.5 ratios etc.

Plus not enough sniping maps for my liking all run and gun maps.

This Advanced Warfare with jet packs etc looks even worse. I have no intention of buying this. First one ever I won't purchase.

As mentioned above if the go back to the old school games I think they would make a fortune. A WaW revamp would be awesome.

As I say I adored COD 4 but just never got round to buying more but now I have a PS4 I'm gonna get back into it! I miss the online madness, it always gives me a break from FIFA and other games I'm playing, ye stick online on and end up playing it for hours, I'm gonna take a punt on it as it's different this one and will hopefully mix things up at bit!

If they just remastered COD4 as the same game with everything but with PS4 graphics it would be incredible, surely if you were sitting around the big table for the COD meeting you would suggest it???? It's the same as Res Evil 2 I suppose, just remaster it f**k sake!!!

If they just remastered COD4 as the same game with everything but with PS4 graphics it would be incredible, surely if you were sitting around the big table for the COD meeting you would suggest it???? It's the same as Res Evil 2 I suppose, just remaster it f**k sake!!!

You have got to think that should be on someone's radar. I think it would bring a whole load of old fans/players back and potentially reignite the series.

It's far too geared now to kids... I mean you can run around like a dressed as a fucking spaceman or pirate now shooting people with a multi coloured gun covered in duck camouflage!! I mean what the actual f**k!

I don't see why they release another game each year for Cod. It's shite and they put annoying tweaks in every year. Every two years a new release would seem better to me.

See if they remastered Modern Warfare like they have with the last of us then that would be tremendous.

Who's making this game this year anyway?

I don't see why they release another game each year for Cod. It's shite and they put annoying tweaks in every year. Every two years a new release would seem better to me.

See if they remastered Modern Warfare like they have with the last of us then that would be tremendous.

Who's making this game this year anyway?

Still Sledgehammer games. :(

Because people will buy it regardless and it makes a shitload of money.

The first two modern warfare games were good. 3 was absolutely diabolical though, hated it. Black ops 2 was enjoyable, I put a good few hours into that.

I know that's the main reason but they come up with a shite story every year and the game just seems rushed. I haven't played a cod game since infinity ward and treyarch made them.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Ghosts for £25 pre-owned solely for the multiplayer, I'm seriously considering trading it in again.

At least in Advanced Warfare the graphics look much improved but as I say The Division will be the title to get. Battlefield 4 remains the par for FPS on PS4 anyway.

Archived