Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

I'd presume Highland League clubs costs outstrip that of most junior clubs tho'. Travel costs alone would be around double would they not?

You've also got to remember that the HL clubs have traditionally been the equivalent of Scottish League teams in those areas.

It was history and geography, not inherent potential, which kept them in a seperate lower league. And they weren't having to "undercut" SFL competition locally.

For that reason they've always charged a higher rate that southerly non-league clubs. They formerly had much better facilities, too.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I wouldn't boycott away to Celtic or Rangers - albeit many supporters of other clubs at that level clearly do. But that's not comparing like with like so is completely irrelevant in this case.I follow my team over the length and breadth of Scotland. But it wouldn't kill me to miss the Broomhill game. I have a dislike of people charging well over what they're worth in all walks of life - why should this be different? Why should Broomhill be encouraged to charge well over the odds like this? If you want to see it become the norm for your league then fire in and pay the money. Other teams will soon cotton on that they can do the same.

But thats the point its not the norm for the league,as much as I would nae be happy paying it its only once a season (maybes more visits if cup match) and as already pointed out threave charged only £4 last season so thats 2 games and £11. Does that bring the % down ?

I dont think 20 or 30 visiting ww fans will effect the charges at lowland grounds.

They looked a lot better tonight than they did on Saturday, and took their chances well - didn't see anything wrong with the one chalked off either - Threave were really disappointing though.

Despite the decentish weather, maybe only 70-80 there however.

Sorry website saying 5-0 didn't realise one chopped off. 70 about right for crowd, hopefully numbers will go up when the kids start back for new season. Lochburn is a cracking wee ground but not the right place for BSC, could one of the rugby grounds around anniesland not be used/adapted?

Sorry website saying 5-0 didn't realise one chopped off. 70 about right for crowd, hopefully numbers will go up when the kids start back for new season. Lochburn is a cracking wee ground but not the right place for BSC, could one of the rugby grounds around anniesland not be used/adapted?

Easier said than done. Don't forget the rugby season runs through the winter too, and any of the rugby clubs around that way - Hillhead/Jordanhill, Accies, Hawks/GHK etc aren't going to fancy relining the park every week - perhaps twice?

Remember the hassle Partick Thistle had with their pitch when they were groundsharing with the Warriors as well - rugby puts a completely different set of stresses and strains on a pitch than football does, and in rugby terms a playable pitch is completely different from what a football team would consider okay.

I expect the rugby ground route has already been considered and rejected by Broomhill. Maryhill is only considered part of the West End by the most optimistic estate agents, but it's the only suitable ground within reasonable striking distance of where I suspect Broomhill's target audience to be located.

Is the LL covered in the glasgow media at all? Evening times on Monday had no mention of BSC or EK games.

Wouldn't surprise me that they don't cover the games. The juniors get decent coverage and sponsorship by the Evening Times so I would imagine that they would keep it that way.

Does anyone from the 2 clubs submit reports to the ET if they done that the paper might be inclined to stick the reports in.

Archived