Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They must have a ground plan in place. One of the reasons the unsuccessful teams were, well, unsuccessful was that the League didn't feel confident that they would achieve their Club Licence in time. Assuming all teams were treated equitably, then Broomhill must have all their ducks in a row when it comes to their Club Licence, otherwise there was no way that the League would have accepted them.

That was my thoughts - they won't have been admitted unless they're very much ontrack? I think it would be good if Broomhill went public with their plans sooner rather than later, though - info like management plans as well as the ground - otherwise speculation will become rampant.

Would be interested to hear the terms of that groundshare with Ashfield. Suppose if the LL has a fixture list for the season then the juniors lack of a list will make it easier to work round.

The speedway track severely restricts the size of the pitch at Saracen Park so it will be interesting to see how they address that in licensing terms. A former Accies secretary called Alan Dick {what were his parents thinking} is involved with the Tigers as the promoter, so that might be why Scott Struthers would be in the loop on that.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Saracen+Park,+Glasgow,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=55.885999,-4.243743&spn=0.00328,0.004823&sll=55.87207,-4.308282&sspn=0.003282,0.004823&oq=Saracen+P&t=h&z=18

Interesting, don't Junior rules stipulate that a Junior club must have priority over fixtures at their home ground? if so, where does that leave Ashfield if they have, for example, a Junior Cup tie that clashes with a Broomhill home game?

It is also a very tight pitch because of the track, does that impact on the licencing criteria?

Makes this decision even more puzzling.

Re Broomhill, this reminds me of when Meadowbank were voted into the SFL in 1974. They had to change their name which wasn't acceptable and their ground wasn't up to standard, so they had to find a new one.

The park at Ashfield is tiny due to the speedway track round it, but the stadium itself is fine.

Would be interested to hear the terms of that groundshare with Ashfield. Suppose if the LL has a fixture list for the season then the juniors lack of a list will make it easier to work round.

Clydebank have to work around Yoker, as do all the clubs that do a temporary groundshare where the clubs that host them are concerned, so I guess there must be precedents for it. If this actually happens, it shows that Holm Park might also be potentially viable as a LL venue after a bit of an upgrade even with Yoker as part of the equation.

Interesting, don't Junior rules stipulate that a Junior club must have priority over fixtures at their home ground?

Spartans Juniors didn't have priority at Ainslie Park, infact they used their backpitch of there was a clash. What about likes of Falkirk Juniors?

Clydebank have to work around Yoker, as do all the clubs that do a temporary groundshare where the clubs that host them are concerned, so I guess there must be precedents for it. If this actually happens, it shows that Holm Park might also be potentially viable as a LL venue after a bit of an upgrade even with Yoker as part of the equation.

Part of my thinking was whether or not Holm Park would be a viable LL venue. Based on Saracen getting the go ahead I wouldn't expect that much work would be needed to bring Holm Park up to a similar standard.

I'm still wondering how the groundshare will work with regards to who get's priority under certain conditions. I expect Broomhill would need to change their plans if they had a home league game scheduled in, and Ashfield were drawn at home in the Scottish Cup for example. That being said, if that is the case I'm surprised that the LL would allow a ground where a team from another association have priority on availability. At least with us and Yoker the fixtures are decided on what is pretty much an ad hoc basis, with the Scottish Cup always given priority regardless of which of us is at home(I think, but I may be wrong....).

Interesting, don't Junior rules stipulate that a Junior club must have priority over fixtures at their home ground? if so, where does that leave Ashfield if they have, for example, a Junior Cup tie that clashes with a Broomhill home game?

It is also a very tight pitch because of the track, does that impact on the licencing criteria?

Makes this decision even more puzzling.

Surely they must have shown to the board that the pitch meets standards, its probably the most difficult thing to change if it's too small as cove have found out.

In terms of the ground share , either broomhill have accepted being 2nd choice (or possibly even 3rd behind the speedway) or Ashfield are going to have a small problem.

Who owns the ground? Ashfield, tigers or a third party?

Regardless ground shares are not hard to work really, you keep it to alternate Saturdays where possible but if a clash occurs you play one of the games on the Sunday, or if the ground has floodlights the friday night, or possibly even both on the Saturday one an early KO the other a late one.

If one team has priority over the other then the team with higher priority keeps their Saturday slot, if there isn't any priority then they take it in turns.

If one team has priority over the other then the team with higher priority keeps their Saturday slot, if there isn't any priority then they take it in turns.

Must be a bit of a problem as the Lowland Fixtures are fixed weeks ahead and the juniors on a week to week basis. I can see the scenario arising when a teams thinks they are going to Broomhill at 3 pm on the following Saturday and then find out on the Monday before they are going that the match is in fact on Sunday as they have had to change because the junior fixture secretary has given Ashfield a match at 3pm on the Saturday.

Must be a bit of a problem as the Lowland Fixtures are fixed weeks ahead and the juniors on a week to week basis.

So the Junior match secretary knows when BSC are scheduled to be at home and tries to accommodate this as best as possible?

It's much the same as Heston and Mid-Annandale; the SPFL fixtures are all done in one go so the SoSL match sec works around Annan and QoS

Obviously the issue of priority is different in that situation

Spartans Juniors didn't have priority at Ainslie Park, infact they used their backpitch of there was a clash. What about likes of Falkirk Juniors?

Yep it happens, although Spartans Juniors were elected on the proviso that Ainslie Park was their home ground , that quickly went out the window once they were in, City Park/back pitch/Ainslie Park were all potential venues depending which direction the wind was blowing.

Falkirk Juniors only have to re-arrange for the occasional athletics meeting.

If Ashfield own (or have priority lease for football) on Saracen, it remains to be seen where this leaves Broomhill as I doubt the West Region fixtures Secty will give a damn about LL fixtures. Also, the pitch IS very narrow and corners are almost taken on the speedway track.

Saracen Park's speedway track is 319 metres.

A running track is 400 metres.

A football pitch inside a 400 running track will allow a pitch width of at least 55 metres, depending on the length of the pitch.

A football pitch inside a 319 ash track will allow a pitch width of - deary me! - around 51 metres.

I believe the licencing rules state that teams must have equal access, not neccessarily primacy of tennancy. I think this is case with Stirling Uni. So in theory a Stirling Uni game could bump an Albion game and vice versa. However the team in the lower competion usually give way. eg Scottish cup trumps lowland league.

Noticed this:

https://www.facebook.com/ScottishLowlandFootballLeague/posts/795120407164877

1 hr ·

On Thursday afternoon we will provide a feature on BSC Glasgow on our website. This will include a look at their history, their plans, their ground and lots more about this club. If you have anything you want to know leave a message below and we will do all we can to include this.

Archived