Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

Remember your paying to see the champions elect.......

That's one perspective right enough. The other is that I'd be paying to see a team that didn't exist 6 weeks ago, charges 40% more than the current league champions and is playing out of a junior ground where the normal entry price is £4. My team normally takes 100 - 150 supporters to an away fixture. If we were playing BSC and being charged £7 at the gate, I'd be doing all the rallying I could to encourage as many as possible to stay away from this particular game so that they lost as much of the potential revenue available to them as possible.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out if interest, how many teams in juniors and the LL let kids in for free? Genuine question.

Well, us for starters – as part of the deal we’ve agreed that the Broomhill kids can come to our games free if accompanied by a paying adult etc.

No idea what the uptake will be - I suspect probably minimal - but the gesture’s there anyway.

Out if interest, how many teams in juniors and the LL let kids in for free? Genuine question.

I've no idea but however many it is, the question I am asking myself is "do i want to be billed beyond the "standard" rate (for want of a better word) for BSC enabling their kids in for free?". And the answer is that I don't.

What are the LL entry prices for this season at each venue - can anyone share?

I've no idea but however many it is, the question I am asking myself is "do i want to be billed beyond the "standard" rate (for want of a better word) for BSC enabling their kids in for free?". And the answer is that I don't.

There is another thread with season ticket and admission prices. I cant work out how to paste link on my phone...

Whitehill, newtongrange, bonnyrigg & arniston haven't charged me for kids. Only vale of leithen have from the grounds I've been to, it was for their money maker against hibs so maybe dont usually. I was pretty shocked they charged for a 3 year old though

It seems to me that BSC's pricing policy is below that of what is charged by Highland league clubs and those in Div 2/3 of the SFL? Is it really that bad?

If we were playing BSC and being charged £7 at the gate, I'd be doing all the rallying I could to encourage as many as possible to stay away from this particular game so that they lost as much of the potential revenue available to them as possible.

:lol: My word.

£2 barely buys you a half pint these days. From my perspective £7 is an acceptable entry fee for me walking up 4-5 times a season if Falkirk's game has been moved or it's an away game I cba going to. I can sort of understand the argument that it's 40% above a lot of other clubs at the same level, but you're going from £5 to £7, it's not like it's from £50 to £70.

Bankies dont change for u-12s ( ie primary school kids ). Used to give away a free u-12 season ticket with an adult and charge £1 for u-12s but changed as its just the right thing to do to try and encourage kids. Also give away free parent and child tickets to every primary school in the town and invite kids teams along to fund raise at the ground ... so a reasonable effort.

:lol: My word.

£2 barely buys you a half pint these days. From my perspective £7 is an acceptable entry fee for me walking up 4-5 times a season if Falkirk's game has been moved or it's an away game I cba going to. I can sort of understand the argument that it's 40% above a lot of other clubs at the same level, but you're going from £5 to £7, it's not like it's from £50 to £70.

The principle of 40% is the same. Where is your line in the sand on this? If most teams charge 5 but one charges 7 that's okay. What about 9, 11 13?

I completely disagree with the view that non league football in this country is worth £9 to get in.

People have had a go at the Juniors on many occasions - me included. And one of the consistent arguments I've used in favour of integration is that cost won't necessarily increase. Along comes the newest addition to the Lowland League and they're charging 40% more than Auchinleck or Linlithgow (or Spartans).

I've seen the standards of 2 top half HFL teams last season and if that level thinks it's worth charging 60% more than Talbot or Linlithgow to watch what's on offer then they are deluded.

There is a fairly consistent view in this country that gate prices are too high and that's evidently starting to feed all the way down.

I'd be doing all the rallying I could to encourage as many as possible to stay away from this particular game so that they lost as much of the potential revenue available to them as possible.

Would ye aye? For one or two away games a season? I'm a bit surprised by the £7 charge but if the pies etc are priced similar to the juniors it's still a cheap game compared to say Firhill. The crucial thing will be how many home fans they can attract at that price surely?

Although BSC is essentially a parent run, community boys club at present I think there are 2 or 3 guys behind the decision to start a senior team and they will be seriously aiming to get promoted out of the LL quickly, crazy though that sounds.

£2 for for a program is definitely too much though unless it includes 50/50 draw.

ETA : I'm not a junior-knocker btw I think it's terrible that there wasn't proper thought and time given to a proper integration of the different grades.

Would ye aye? For one or two away games a season? I'm a bit surprised by the £7 charge but if the pies etc are priced similar to the juniors it's still a cheap game compared to say Firhill. The crucial thing will be how many home fans they can attract at that price surely?

Although BSC is essentially a parent run, community boys club at present I think there are 2 or 3 guys behind the decision to start a senior team and they will be seriously aiming to get promoted out of the LL quickly, crazy though that sounds.

£2 for for a program is definitely too much though unless it includes 50/50 draw.

Aye. I would. It may be cheap compared to watching Partick Thistle. There's a reason for that though. It's not cheap compared to watching Maryhill who play at the same venue and who, from initial feedback, are of similar standard. You're right that the test is how many paying customers they have as a home support. I was simply making the point that instead of having 100 - 150 away supporters in the case of my club, I think they would get significantly fewer. Instead of getting the £750 plus add ons for catering, bar, programme, raffle etc their attempt to push that £750 up to over £1000 would cost them plenty on that day in particular. I'm not a miserable b*****d by nature but when I see someone taking the piss - and I think BSC are - then I will raise awareness among our support that they are being ripped off.

It's not my problem though so I can leave it with the LL folk to make their own minds up.

Aye. I would. It may be cheap compared to watching Partick Thistle. There's a reason for that though. It's not cheap compared to watching Maryhill who play at the same venue and who, from initial feedback, are of similar standard. You're right that the test is how many paying customers they have as a home support. I was simply making the point that instead of having 100 - 150 away supporters in the case of my club, I think they would get significantly fewer. Instead of getting the £750 plus add ons for catering, bar, programme, raffle etc their attempt to push that £750 up to over £1000 would cost them plenty on that day in particular. I'm not a miserable b*****d by nature but when I see someone taking the piss - and I think BSC are - then I will raise awareness among our support that they are being ripped off.It's not my problem though so I can leave it with the LL folk to make their own minds up.

I follow my team I pay the going rate after all we no gonnae be there every 2nd week.

so you's draw rangers/celtic AWAY in the Scottish would you still shout from the rooftops telling folk to boycott probably paying over £20 ?

Most LL clubs charge £5 with an additional programme thrown in = £6/7

If the extra £2 meant that much dont buy the programme,problem solved :P

:lol:

Aye. I would. It may be cheap compared to watching Partick Thistle. There's a reason for that though. It's not cheap compared to watching Maryhill who play at the same venue and who, from initial feedback, are of similar standard. You're right that the test is how many paying customers they have as a home support. I was simply making the point that instead of having 100 - 150 away supporters in the case of my club, I think they would get significantly fewer. Instead of getting the £750 plus add ons for catering, bar, programme, raffle etc their attempt to push that £750 up to over £1000 would cost them plenty on that day in particular. I'm not a miserable b*****d by nature but when I see someone taking the piss - and I think BSC are - then I will raise awareness among our support that they are being ripped off.

It's not my problem though so I can leave it with the LL folk to make their own minds up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Tight as two coats of paint.

Sorry HTG, very often I agree with your points, but on this occasion I think you're way off the mark.

If any away fan doesn't go to BSCG for the sake of £2 it is pretty nuts.

In the case of a home fan who wants to go regularly they'd get a ST for £80 working out at £6.15 per league game (but presumably including cups).

I follow my team I pay the going rate after all we no gonnae be there every 2nd week.so you's draw rangers/celtic AWAY in the Scottish would you still shout from the rooftops telling folk to boycott probably paying over £20 ?Most LL clubs charge £5 with an additional programme thrown in = £6/7 If the extra £2 meant that much dont buy the programme,problem solved :P

Of course I wouldn't boycott away to Celtic or Rangers - albeit many supporters of other clubs at that level clearly do. But that's not comparing like with like so is completely irrelevant in this case.

I follow my team over the length and breadth of Scotland. But it wouldn't kill me to miss the Broomhill game. I have a dislike of people charging well over what they're worth in all walks of life - why should this be different? Why should Broomhill be encouraged to charge well over the odds like this? If you want to see it become the norm for your league then fire in and pay the money. Other teams will soon cotton on that they can do the same.

I've seen the standards of 2 top half HFL teams last season and if that level thinks it's worth charging 60% more than Talbot or Linlithgow to watch what's on offer then they are deluded.

I'd presume Highland League clubs costs outstrip that of most junior clubs tho'. Travel costs alone would be around double would they not?

Sorry HTG, very often I agree with your points, but on this occasion I think you're way off the mark.

If any away fan doesn't go to BSCG for the sake of £2 it is pretty nuts.

In the case of a home fan who wants to go regularly they'd get a ST for £80 working out at £6.15 per league game (but presumably including cups).

Crowds wont even reach a couple of dozen once the season gets going so its pretty irrelevant what they charge!

Archived