Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

Bankie - Can I ask why you are so obsessed with criticising the LL, and why you feel the need to have a go at progressive clubs, such as BSC?

I'm not ... If you were talking to me. I've not seen any games and in no position to do so. I hope the Lowland League develops and we have genuine path from top to bottom and bottom to top.

I was merely inviting someone who had seen the game above to come along and judge for themselves.

I think you're confusing me with my colleague Bankies Alive who is quite disparaging about LL but he's actually pretty against everyone who's not us ... which is understandable is it not :)

Nah I'm keen to see how things develop and wish Broomhill all the best ... as I do fellow football clubs everywhere. It's hard going out there

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collins - you'll see a Junior game there this Saturday if the Jags arent playing .. .£5 and I think that Maryhill will be doing a proggie this year £1. May be useful guide to compare the standard ... Maryhill v Clydebank in the Sectional League Cup. Same Social club and Harveys ...

£4 - you've been in the big leagues too long!

Yep, prog (£1 - 28pp I think) will be available. I've got a drawer full of them at the moment!

We're going colour this year, although sadly not glossy. The Sectional double issue won't be unfortunately though, as there were a pile of covers left over from last season to use up. Waste not, want not etc...

Is that price for definite HOE ? If so I'll tweet to our guys

Unless it's gone up this year - cue beamer if it has. The District leagues have been pegged at £4 for a few years now - I remember hearing there was a motion to bump up the prices a quid at the AGM, but I don't think it went through.

Bankie - Can I ask why you are so obsessed with criticising the LL, and why you feel the need to have a go at progressive clubs, such as BSC?

I have no real issue with the concept of the LL either but seriously ... £7??? You need locked up if you're going to pay £7 to watch this level.

I have no real issue with the concept of the LL either but seriously ... £7??? You need locked up if you're going to pay £7 to watch this level.

I believe it's the same price as the Highland League which is the same level. However every other Lowland League club is a fiver or less (£4 at Threave).

I believe it's the same price as the Highland League which is the same level. However every other Lowland League club is a fiver or less (£4 at Threave).

As may be but just because the HFL has gone tonto with their pricing there's no need for BSC to follow. £7 is an absolute disgrace to watch that standard of football. Why has the LL not determined a fixed price for all league games?

As may be but just because the HFL has gone tonto with their pricing there's no need for BSC to follow. £7 is an absolute disgrace to watch that standard of football. Why has the LL not determined a fixed price for all league games?

It was left to the individual clubs to decide themselves what to charge. I'll turn your question around, why should each club with different circumstances be dictated to by the league as to what they charge at the gate? BSC may have a lot of overheads that may not be transparent to everyone else.

It is like everything else, if the punters believe the football is not worth the admission fee they won't be back. One of the reasons I stopped going to SPFL games years ago.

It's three quid cheaper than Scottish League Division 3, that well known home of subtle football....

.....I was going to say Brazilian style football but after the recent World Cup that doesn't seem quite so ironic anymore...

I think its actually £8 to get into a Highland League game!

It strikes me as a very Junior practice to dictate admission prices - like wee clubs in the West Region forcing 2pm kick-offs on everyone, or clubs being able to refuse to play under floodlights, or no Junior Cup prizemoney and the Final gateshare allowance being unchanged since 1986. Tail wagging the dog, rolled-up with no of freedom of choice.

If a club want to levy £4 or £7, fair enough surely, it's their loss if they're undercharging (which could perhaps hurt income) or overcharging (which could in theory hurt attendance). There isn't any gatesharing so it's only the home club gaining or losing.

And how many people who would go to BSCG at £5, not go at £7? I doubt the answer is that many. I don't think it's a big issue.

I think its actually £8 to get into a Highland League game!

Sometimes £9.

And, quaintly, often before a further £1 or £2 supplement to sit!!

And how many people who would go to BSCG at £5, not go at £7? I doubt the answer is that many. I don't think it's a big issue.

Yer right that Broomhill can charge whatever they want but this seems a bit backwards: they have a starting fanbase of 0 so they'll be looking to attract fans who've stopped going to games or maybe the odd senior team fan who's team's playing away or, perhaps even, a few from Junior fitba. It seems to make more sense for prices to be lower to attract those bodies.

Don't forget they are having to pay a rental for the use of Lochburn so the temptation will be to try and cover that ...

Would be very interesting reading to see the budget projection for the club this season ... and how that pans out over the course. As well as the cost of Lochburn they will have to pay travel costs and wages and cost of day to day running. At crowds of around 100 ( not all of them paying ) that just doesnt add up without good sponsorship or other sources of revenue.

They need to sell the differences of the Lowland League in an area that is hoaching with Juniior sides - and Junior sides that don't attract huge crowds as it is ... and playing in a Junior ground. If the standard isnt much better than the team who they share a ground with then at almost double the cost and tryign to coax a similar audience ... then its a tall ask.

Anyway ... i'll be watching this with great interest. (G)BSC may end up being a model we can all take something from ... if they survive that is ...

Someone told me they've got a membership of knocking on 1000, so I guess that's their potential support. Mobilising anywhere near that along to any one game is unlikely unless they reach a final or something however as by the nature of things the kids will be reliant on the parents taking them there.

On Saturday, the weather mitigated against that, with most families perhaps understandably deciding to give it a miss. I imagine that'll be the case for a lot of their games once the weather properly turns. Out of the maybe 100-odd there I knew about a dozen, with a handful of Maryhill fans showing up to see what the fuss was about and a sprinkling of groundhoppers ticking it off.

It strikes me as a very Junior practice to dictate admission prices - like wee clubs in the West Region forcing 2pm kick-offs on everyone, or clubs being able to refuse to play under floodlights, or no Junior Cup prizemoney and the Final gateshare allowance being unchanged since 1986. Tail wagging the dog, rolled-up with no of freedom of choice.

If a club want to levy £4 or £7, fair enough surely, it's their loss if they're undercharging (which could perhaps hurt income) or overcharging (which could in theory hurt attendance). There isn't any gatesharing so it's only the home club gaining or losing.

Sometimes £9.

And, quaintly, often before a further £1 or £2 supplement to sit!!

You are right that the success or otherwise of the pricing model will be seen in months to come.

I can't believe folk think that £8 or £9 to watch non league football is in any way reasonable or proportional. There is a lot about Junior football that really annoys me but knowing how much I can expect to pay to get in is a good thing.

BSC may be charging a levy to cover ground rental costs. Another great reason for accepting them then. No team and no ground at the point of election and once up and running they'll charge £2 more than the LL champions because of this.

Archived