Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

Yes it is.

Unless its Clydebank that are doing it,then its completely unacceptable! :lol:

No it is not. There is nothing to say the clubs that have entry licence don't have bronze floodlights, and certainly nothing to say that if they don't have they won't get granted a waiver to install/upgrade floodlights over the summer, you also have clubs like Stirling who don't currently have entry licensing but play out of grounds that do meet spfl standards.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot the goalposts can be moved at a moments notice,club licensing who needs it...........................

. Look mate stop getting jel if u don't give a dam about the lowlands league, then go back to the wee boys league i.e the juniors and leave the big boys to play lol

At the moment, only Spartans have both the entry level licence and bronze level floodlights needed to play in the SPFL.

How do you know what level of floodlights each of the other LL teams have to make such a statement ??

At the moment, only Spartans have both the entry level licence and bronze level floodlights needed to play in the SPFL.

Do you have a definite source for that or is it just presuming the lights at Threave, Preston, Raydale and K-Park are all insufficient? That could be the case, but I don't think 'lux ratings' are made available anywhere. It can be said definetely with Spartans as they apparently have that full Bronze licence.

Of course it's also very possible - infact, definite - that some clubs as yet unlicensed (but who of course will have to get licensed by next summer) will have OK lights. Stirling do, Edinburgh Uni will according to their planning docs (and on a related note presumably Selkirk's new lights might too), Netherdale's might well be given they were replaced when it became 3G Arena, the lights at Meadowbank must be of a considerable capacity, and so on.

There's a mystique starting to build around this 'lux ratings' thing, IMO, possibly an overstated one.

Also it should be noted the difference between the recommended entry level floodlights and bronze floodlights isn't very much. Certainly compared to the difference in other licensing levels.

Linlithgow Rose posters have suggested that boosting the lux value is a lot more complicated and expensive than changing the bulbs, if a club has a set of bottom of the price range floodlights in place for training.

I think you will find that having a Doctor at every home game is one of the reasons they have the bronze level licence.

The likes of Threave the floodlights meet the lux standard.

Broomhill have 12 signed players. I think they will be pretty decent this year.

I think I'd mentioned it before on another threat, but according to their website (and any listings I've seen), they only seem to be playing 1 friendly: away to Vale of Leven the weekend before the season starts. Is that correct or have BSCG been playing closed-doors or bounce games?

It'd be a bold move to embark with only 1 friendly under their belts, but on the otherhand it could make them a totally unknown quantity to their opposition.

I think I'd mentioned it before on another threat, but according to their website (and any listings I've seen), they only seem to be playing 1 friendly: away to Vale of Leven the weekend before the season starts. Is that correct or have BSCG been playing closed-doors or bounce games?

It'd be a bold move to embark with only 1 friendly under their belts, but on the otherhand it could make them a totally unknown quantity to their opposition.

...and to each other I would imagine.

Archived