Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

Might not be an issue at Broomhill games but any time there's a crowd in, you really struggle to see the pitch because of the surface being 6ft below your feet. It means you have to stand right at the barrier, especially on the covered side.

is that another wee dig from the juniors about crowds ?

You do seem obsessed with them :D

For what its worth I much prefer tiered viewing rather than at pitch level and look forward to visiting lochburn :)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSC are lucky Ronnie MacDonald poured so much money into Maryhill. No amount of ambition on their part would have got them an entry level licence in the timespan required if most of the work on the ground and facilities to be used hadn't already been done by a junior club close to where they are based.

is that another wee dig from the juniors about crowds ? You do seem obsessed with them :D For what its worth I much prefer tiered viewing rather than at pitch level and look forward to visiting lochburn :)

No, it's a statement of fact. You cannot see the pitch unless you are at the barrier. If you're there on a wet day and everyone is in the enclosure, only 50/60 folk will be able to get a clear view of the pitch.

Here's some footage (a game Lok lost incidentally) which sort of illustrates the problem.

BUT....... the difference is ye had same chance as bsc or anyone else for that to be elected into the 5th tier. bsc im sure will have ambitions can you say the same for your team ? ;) oh and On the subject of fans is that why the old Clydebank folded :P

Might take a run up sometime to watch the top quality football on show and double the gate at the same time :lol:

Folded? Me thinks that you are utterly clueless.

No, it's a statement of fact. You cannot see the pitch unless you are at the barrier. If you're there on a wet day and everyone is in the enclosure, only 50/60 folk will be able to get a clear view of the pitch. Here's some footage (a game Lok lost incidentally) which sort of illustrates the problem.

cheers for that looks a cracking wee ground though.

I suppose we could fit the traveling 12 from rosewell behind the goals :)

What will the capacity be then ?

On a day like that looks good atmosphere.

Might take a run up sometime to watch the top quality football on show and double the gate at the same time :lol: Folded? Me thinks that you are utterly clueless.

Would nae quite say clueless bankie but like quite a few on this LOWLAND thread dont give a fcuk for Clydebank fc :P

Me hopes that narrows it down for ye ;)

cheers for that looks a cracking wee ground though. I suppose we could fit the traveling 12 from rosewell behind the goals :) What will the capacity be then ? On a day like that looks good atmosphere.

Official capacity is 1800, but in reality the busiest I've ever seen it is the 14-1500 for a Junior Cup quarter final about 10 years ago. Last season, we held the Sectional League Cup Final (between Pollok & Clydebank incidentally), which pulled about 900-ish paying customers IIRC - probably 1100 attendance all in - with room to spare (the seated stand behind the goal for example).

So BSC were allowed into the LL without having a ground confirmed?

If so it makes all the licensing bullshit look a complete joke.They needed another team in the West so they`ve taken in a club with no playing history or a ground,you couldnt make it up!

Lochburn is unplayable for most of the winter too,should be a hoot.

. Somebody dropped a dummy tit lol

. Somebody dropped a dummy tit lol

Not at all,just find the whole thing bizarre.

Looking in on whats happening is like why people slow down to take a look at a car crash! :lol:

To answer BU`s question about why Clydebank didnt apply,you could ask the same of all Junior clubs.

I dont know the exact reasons but I`d think it would be along the lines of - poor crowds,what players in the West would want to play in it?,no interest from fans playing the teams that are in it,travel costs etc

Out of all the clubs that are in the LL there`s only 1 that could actually play in a play off against an SPFL team!

If Clydebank got a ground maybe just maybe could b playing at a higher level, Clydebank have everything to b in the top leagues again but that's 10years Clydebank have been junior and still don't have a ground to call home this is not a dig at Clydebank god i stay in the town but if Clydebank could get ur own ground the sky's the limit

Official capacity is 1800, but in reality the busiest I've ever seen it is the 14-1500 for a Junior Cup quarter final about 10 years ago. Last season, we held the Sectional League Cup Final (between Pollok & Clydebank incidentally), which pulled about 900-ish paying customers IIRC - probably 1100 attendance all in - with room to spare (the seated stand behind the goal for example).

You can fit them in but the only real issue is staying dry if there is a decent turnout on a wet day.

Out of all the clubs that are in the LL there`s only 1 that could actually play in a play off against an SPFL team!

Not true.

Completely political IMO why are so many teams bustin a gut to make their own grounds better when some just choose to pitch up at somebody else's

I can't see a problem with ground sharing.

You can fit them in but the only real issue is staying dry if there is a decent turnout on a wet day.

Granted, but firstly how many non-league clubs have all-covered spectator areas - very few if any that I can think of - and secondly and more importantly how often is that really going to be an issue outside of hosting finals?

Archived