Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

Yea but who r the 12 signed up

I know they've signed 2 or 3 from EK and they've in the last few days signed Brett Molloy from East Stirling as he put it on twitter and have a goalkeeper from Albion Rovers in on trial. They've also took on 1 or 2 from Campsie Black Watch 21s who won the Scottish cup. By the sounds of what I've heard they could have secretly been building a force?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris gebbie from queens park. Jamie Brophy and aidan Malone from twood, cumbernauld gk.bronsky and McDougall from ekfc. Plus a few more

To be fair, not bad signings and especially good managing to get in a not bad calibre from league 2. I reckon they could do well

Broomhill look like they have the makings of a good team, good individual players by the looks of things.Two players that have experience in the league already in Bronsky and McDougall. Two stand out players for us last season, especially in the final. Shame to see them go. It will be interesting to see if the team can work well together as it is full of players that haven't even played together yet!!!!

Just a few thoughts on Broomhill after Saturday's game.

First off, location. I liked Lochburn Park, covered terracing across one side of the park. A pie stall ( didn't visit as typical Thistle veggie), and best of all a bar that was open at half time. I could get to like the Lowland League! The bar is fine and the pub a stone's throw away is Harvey's which is okay too. Seems to be an older guys pub many of them with an eye on the nags.

As for Broomhill, I don't know the standard of the Lowland League so difficult for me to judge.

They came out maybe a bit swaggery and the Edinburgh keeper made a couple of good saves. As the game went on the visitors, who were well organised, came into it.

I think Broomhill look weak in the centre of defence and seem toothless up front. The midfield is okay without any obvious playmaker. The number ten looked good for this level, he may have been Tony Wallace ex Morton and Dumbarton. If Paul Slane was on I didn't recognise him.

The programme cost £2 which was a bit more than it was worth, and it was £7 at the gate.

Just a few thoughts on Broomhill after Saturday's game.

First off, location. I liked Lochburn Park, covered terracing across one side of the park. A pie stall ( didn't visit as typical Thistle veggie), and best of all a bar that was open at half time. I could get to like the Lowland League! The bar is fine and the pub a stone's throw away is Harvey's which is okay too. Seems to be an older guys pub many of them with an eye on the nags.

As for Broomhill, I don't know the standard of the Lowland League so difficult for me to judge.

They came out maybe a bit swaggery and the Edinburgh keeper made a couple of good saves. As the game went on the visitors, who were well organised, came into it.

I think Broomhill look weak in the centre of defence and seem toothless up front. The midfield is okay without any obvious playmaker. The number ten looked good for this level, he may have been Tony Wallace ex Morton and Dumbarton. If Paul Slane was on I didn't recognise him.

The programme cost £2 which was a bit more than it was worth, and it was £7 at the gate.

I was there too - crowd was maybe 90-100, thought it would be more for their first game considering the number of youth team players who can get in for nothing, although I imagine the weather put off the families with kids who seem to be the constituency they're aiming for.

Early doors obviously so I could be proved wrong, but I can't see either of the LL's new teams troubling the top end of the table on the evidence of yesterday. No.10 for Edinburgh Uni looked like the best player on display, but in general the standard looked broadly similar to second or third tier Juniors.

Was quite surprised at the ambitious pricing - £7 is more than I've paid for other LL games (normally £4/5?). The programme's a professional looking job, but again £2 for 12 pages is also a bit steep.

Collins - you'll see a Junior game there this Saturday if the Jags arent playing .. .£5 and I think that Maryhill will be doing a proggie this year £1. May be useful guide to compare the standard ... Maryhill v Clydebank in the Sectional League Cup. Same Social club and Harveys ...

Archived