Broomhill Sports Club

Broomhill Ultra

My new local team, my son plays for them (under 10's) and a man named Moyes is heavily involved, what can possibly go wrong?

I'm genuinely intrigued at how this is going to work out - anyone have any idea where they will play - Scotstoun? They used to be an unofficial feeder for Partick IIRC but is now Carlisle Utd so don't think they would use Firhill. One thing I do know is Broomy fans will make Jags regulars look like a bunch of hardened ned's - we're talking frappacino's and an organic fair trade crepe in place of pie and bovril during the half time interlude.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about West of Scotland's cricket ground for where they could play?

It is a cricket ground so at the moment they fence off the crease and set up wee pitches around it but can't see how a full size pitch and seating could be installed without affecting the cricketers. There is almost no terracing even at present. PTFC train there sometimes.

That's interesting, I think the ongoing use as a cricket pitch rules it out though. What else do they need?

The biggest snag so far for the teams without a licence yet seems to changing rooms facilities/size, in terms of the ground at least.

Full licensing requirements are available of the sfa site. It covers things like finances etc, but how close a club is to those requirements isn't something your general fan will know.

We have done great mate 2 semi-finals and a final on the 24th may so we have loved it and surprised a few teams but its been a fantastic adventure and there are some cracking teams and players in the league

They must have a ground plan in place. One of the reasons the unsuccessful teams were, well, unsuccessful was that the League didn't feel confident that they would achieve their Club Licence in time. Assuming all teams were treated equitably, then Broomhill must have all their ducks in a row when it comes to their Club Licence, otherwise there was no way that the League would have accepted them.

How about West of Scotland's cricket ground for where they could play?

It is a cricket ground so at the moment they fence off the crease and set up wee pitches around it but can't see how a full size pitch and seating could be installed without affecting the cricketers. There is almost no terracing even at present. PTFC train there sometimes.

Glasgow Unis Garscube Sports ground is at the right end of town for Broomhill.

They must have a ground plan in place. One of the reasons the unsuccessful teams were, well, unsuccessful was that the League didn't feel confident that they would achieve their Club Licence in time. Assuming all teams were treated equitably, then Broomhill must have all their ducks in a row when it comes to their Club Licence, otherwise there was no way that the League would have accepted them.

So why is peffermill in then and the likes of burntisland,muirhouse,duns and coldstream not.

I wouldn't think saughton enclosure would need much spending for criteria either.

All of these parks are similar to peffermill just now and most importantly they all have a park to play on.

unlike broomhill who've surely got to tell us shortly where they will be playing in august, ffs ite only 3 months away.

al guess that broomhill must be groundsharing somewhere for the 1st season or longer similar to the students at stirling.

With all these youth teams I can see broomhill building up a progressive following,good luck to them but im still scratching my head at what both these clubs have that is different to the other 5 clubs that tried to get in.

maybes someone from the lowland committee will go public and explain :o

Glasgow Unis Garscube Sports ground is at the right end of town for Broomhill.

Would Glasgow Uni not have gone for it, if it had been up to scratch? The old stand they had has been knocked down and I think they basically have a 3G cage type setup now.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Garscube+Sports+Complex,+Maryhill+Road,+Glasgow,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=55.903889,-4.31385&spn=0.003279,0.004823&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.080379,79.013672&oq=Garsc&t=h&hq=Garscube+Sports+Complex,&hnear=Maryhill+Rd,+Glasgow,+United+Kingdom&z=18

They must have plans in place and possibly backers with money, otherwise the other bids would have won. I thought the BSC bid was weakest but I suppose we are looking for potential to grow a league.

Also it keeps the dinosaurs out of the pyramid........

More from The Herald on the possible West of Scotland cricket ground angle:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/is-ground-breaking-virtual-sports-club-being-starved-of-proper-support.16156177

A spokesman for Glasgow Life said last night they had fulfilled Broomhill's long-held aspiraton for a "home", even if not all under one roof. He said Glasgow Life sports development staff had brokered "a significant initiative", a deal with West of Scotland Cricket Club.

"No-one should be under the impression that we are anything other than impressed by the work of Broomhill Sports Club and the model they have developed," he said, adding that "it mirrors" the Community Sports Hubs initiative being adopted by Glasgow Life in partnership with sportscotland.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Peel+Street,+Glasgow,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=55.872295,-4.309049&spn=0.003282,0.004823&sll=55.903879,-4.313673&sspn=0.003279,0.004823&oq=Peel+S&t=h&hnear=Peel+St,+Glasgow,+Glasgow+City,+United+Kingdom&z=18

Archived