Kasabian

Got 4 tickets for me, meh bird, her sister and her lad for Newcastle. Misses is due early OCT so had to rubber Glasgow, thank f**k got newcastle. Few boys fae the work werni so lucky. Said it on here before. Best live band kicking aboot and eh just love them aye.

Iv just heard bumblebee. On 6 music. I didn't think it was possible to make a worse record than eaz-ay but my word they have managed to do it. Kasabian are absolutely woeful and I have no idea how they keep getting away with being a 5th rate primal scream.

• 2 months later...

Stevie and Treat are absolute toppers from their new album. The thing that always bugs me about Kasabian is that they always have at least 3 or 4 songs on each album that sound like filler to me. Still think they're a good band, get the impression from this thread that they're very marmite-esque.

Really looking forward to seeing them at the Hydro next month, their Glastonbury set looked like it had a great crowd and a repeat of that would be t'rrific.

Stevie and Treat are absolute toppers from their new album. The thing that always bugs me about Kasabian is that they always have at least 3 or 4 songs on each album that sound like filler to me. Still think they're a good band, get the impression from this thread that they're very marmite-esque.

Really looking forward to seeing them at the Hydro next month, their Glastonbury set looked like it had a great crowd and a repeat of that would be t'rrific.

I'm going to Hydro gig too.

They're my favourite band but only criticism is that they don't play enough songs in their live sets. Now that they've five albums they should be playing at least twenty songs.

Saw them in New York a couple of weeks ago. Played about 15 songs I think. Great live and had the place jumping. I have never felt that they dont do enough songs at their gigs. However I do agree that they often have a few filler songs on their albums. Mind you I think most bands do nowadays.

• 2 years later...

Kasabian are fucking excellent, and Rewired as probably the best song I've ever heard live. Absolutely nothing to do with the new album which I haven't had a chance to listen to but I didn't realise until now that a Kasabian thread existed.

Anyone listened to the new album? I'm just making my way through it now. Wasted is a tune.

Didn't know their new album was out tbh until I saw this. Gave it a go today. Bless this acid house and Sixteen blocks were the ones that stood out for me on 1st listen.

Edit-The live tracks on the deluxe edition are a good bonus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...