Kasabian

Always seemed like the emptiest, most vacant pish to me, and that unlikeable singer had nothing between the ears.  @Bert Raccoon usually seems like a kenner though, what have I missed?   I did think that Underdog (?) tune that lifts the drums from Scenario seemed fine other than the vox

Fair play for distancing themselves from domestic abuser though and setting a bit of an example

10 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

Always seemed like the emptiest, most vacant pish to me, and that unlikeable singer had nothing between the ears.  @Bert Raccoon usually seems like a kenner though, what have I missed?   I did think that Underdog (?) tune that lifts the drums from Scenario seemed fine other than the vox

Fair play for distancing themselves from domestic abuser though and setting a bit of an example

Correct. The ultimate Soccer AM band just edging out Dodgy.

On 14/10/2021 at 09:24, L. Brilliant said:

On 14/10/2021 at 20:05, Jimi Shandrix said:

Correct. The ultimate Soccer AM band just edging out Dodgy.

Was never a fan until a few years ago as I just saw them as a bit of a "footy lad" band but actually started listening to their albums and they're just a good fun band and one of the best live acts going. Nothing groundbreaking but they're excellent at what they do which is big sing along anthems.

I think people will always derided bands like Kasabian much like Oasis and The Stone Roses before them more for what they represent rather than their actual music 

59 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Was never a fan until a few years ago as I just saw them as a bit of a "footy lad" band but actually started listening to their albums and they're just a good fun band and one of the best live acts going. Nothing groundbreaking but they're excellent at what they do which is big sing along anthems.

I think people will always derided bands like Kasabian much like Oasis and The Stone Roses before them more for what they represent rather than their actual music 

Sadly mate, I am old enough to have been there at the end of the 80's/start of the 90's, and nobody derided the Roses because unlike the other two bands mentioned they were truly brilliant for a spell 18 months before and  18 months after the debut album.  A genuinely cool band.  Kasabian and Oasis are cheap knock offs in comparison. "Good fun" perhaps, cool, never.

25 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Sadly mate, I am old enough to have been there at the end of the 80's/start of the 90's, and nobody derided the Roses because unlike the other two bands mentioned they were truly brilliant for a spell 18 months before and  18 months after the debut album.  A genuinely cool band.  Kasabian and Oasis are cheap knock offs in comparison. "Good fun" perhaps, cool, never.

Derivative? Absolutely but every generation needs their own bands. I totally agree with you in regards to The Stone Roses but I also feel bands like Oasis and Kasabian have their place. Oasis more so have songs that defined an era in a way I don't even think The Stone Roses managed 

9 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Derivative? Absolutely but every generation needs their own bands. I totally agree with you in regards to The Stone Roses but I also feel bands like Oasis and Kasabian have their place. Oasis more so have songs that defined an era in a way I don't even think The Stone Roses managed 

Absolutely. Just a completely different level. The highest chart placing for "The Stone Roses" was number 19. Bands like The Happy Mondays and The Stone Roses only peeked round the corner of the door in terms of commercial success. Oasis were right place, right time and kicked the door down.

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Was willing to give non Tom Kasabian a go but jeeso this is bad. I'm sure some will love it but it's not for me

I couldn't listen all the way through its abysmal. Proper Serge Pizzorno vanity project now, he always wanted to be the main man in the band

1 hour ago, Squalor Vic said:

I couldn't listen all the way through its abysmal. Proper Serge Pizzorno vanity project now, he always wanted to be the main man in the band

Couldn't agree more, you could always sense his influence in the band but it was finely balanced out and really worked (Velociraptor for example) but he's making it all about him now. Saw them in Glasgow at the tail end of last year and he absolutely smashed it leading the band but you got the feeling that was what he's always wanted and as much as what Tom has done is inplorable, I think he was ousted a tad too easily 

28 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Couldn't agree more, you could always sense his influence in the band but it was finely balanced out and really worked (Velociraptor for example) but he's making it all about him now. Saw them in Glasgow at the tail end of last year and he absolutely smashed it leading the band but you got the feeling that was what he's always wanted and as much as what Tom has done is inplorable, I think he was ousted a tad too easily 

Aye, I said as soon as there was an inkling about ousting Tom, Serge was all over it. 

• 11 months later...

I'm digging deep today.

I heard a Kasabian song today. one of the new ones. I thought it was ok so I was gonna give the last Album another spin. Will do it the mora maybe but I couldn't stand it. You lads are spot on with the Serge vanity stuff etc. I saw them live at Hampden and they smashed it live too, maybe that was due to everyone enjoying a good jump about.

I also saw Tom Meighan in the Garage a few months ago and he was fucking great. His new stuff is far better than Kasabian's.

• 2 weeks later...