Kasabian

Scumbag behaviour from Tom, and has quite rightly been told to leave. I suspect that’ll be that for the band for the foreseeable future anyway. As much as I like Serge, I can’t see him fronting the band on his own, and replacing Tom with f**k knows who wouldn’t work imo. 

Tom’s tweet yesterday also makes him look even more of an arsehole now.

Edited by Staggie_93

Bizarre of him to talk about what a good place he is in and how well he’s doing, knowing how public it is going to be that he is a domestic abuser.

There was also a real insinuation from him that he’s innocently battling mental health challenges, prompting an outpouring of sympathy for him, which really doesn’t sit right at all.

Scumbag behaviour from Tom, and has quite rightly been told to leave. I suspect that’ll be that for the band for the foreseeable future anyway. As much as I like Serge, I can’t see him fronting the band on his own, and replacing Tom with f**k knows who wouldn’t work imo. 

Tom’s tweet yesterday also makes him look even more of an arsehole now.
Did he insinuate that he had mental health problems? He clearly has a problem with alcohol - but i got the impression the Internet added arms and legs to the statement he'd put out.

A lot of folk jumped in without really knowing what was happening.

Of course he had the option to come blown entirely - but i can understand him wanting to keep the initial message vague.

Has his gf stuck with him? I read that she wasn't the one who was bringing the prosecution.

Did he insinuate that he had mental health problems? He clearly has a problem with alcohol - but i got the impression the Internet added arms and legs to the statement he'd put out.

A lot of folk jumped in without really knowing what was happening.

Of course he had the option to come blown entirely - but i can understand him wanting to keep the initial message vague.

Has his gf stuck with him? I read that she wasn't the one who was bringing the prosecution.

Aye he’s released a statement saying they’re staying together, and that his mental health was in tatters.

I’m still not too comfortable with his initial statement, and the whole “I’m doing well” thing but I hope he gets the help he clearly needs.

This is gutting that Tom is a dickhead, Kasabian has to be done now. f**k getting a new singer in.

People have comeback from similar and MAYBE time and begging for forgiveness could have seen Kasabian come back in a year or two but the statements on either side have killed that.

• 10 months later...

I was at the Academy the night Serge got hit square in the face by a 2 litre Evian bottle. I still maintain its better to see half an amazing gig compared to a whole average one. Shame those days are long gone for them.

The Duke Spirit were a phenomenal support act that night as well.

• 4 months later...