Transfer Talks

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read the thread so apologies if already mentioned, but Phil Roberts should be signing for Dundee shortly. Hartley thinks he can get the guy's head sorted. Won't be announced until Dundee's season is over, play offs or otherwise.

Just shows the incredible ego of football managers that they think they will be the ones to succeed where all others have failed.

Roberts is a twat; despised in the dressing room he'll destroy the Dundee team from within as well as lose them more points than he wins.

Just shows the incredible ego of football managers that they think they will be the ones to succeed where all others have failed.

Roberts is a twat; despised in the dressing room he'll destroy the Dundee team from within as well as lose them more points than he wins.

Hartley strikes me as the kind of manager that would take no shit though. and would tell Roberts where to go if he didn't buck up

Haven't read the thread so apologies if already mentioned, but Phil Roberts should be signing for Dundee shortly. Hartley thinks he can get the guy's head sorted. Won't be announced until Dundee's season is over, play offs or otherwise.

Where did you hear this nonsense?

Maybe Hartley will be able to get the best out of Roberts, it will be hard work but following his sacking/mutual consent leaving from Falkirk he's lucky to get a chance at full time football and he will have to seize this opportunity. There can be no question over his ability and if Hartley can screw his head on the correct way then Dundee will have a terrific player on their hands. Unfortunately I doubt any of the above will happen.

He's just being facetious, perhaps after McBride turned down Gary Holts advances on going back to TFS.

This never happened. We have no idea on budget for next season anyway and McBride is looking like he'll (somehow) be playing in the top flight next season.

Dundee are clearly short up front - Stewart has already been signed and Hemmings has been linked as well. Roberts is more of a wide player so would offer a slightly different option.

Hartley had already tried this with David Cox when he signed for alloa. The move was a disaster for both player and manager with Hartley hardly covering himself in glory with his shambolic handling of the situation.

Hartley had already tried this with David Cox when he signed for alloa. The move was a disaster for both player and manager with Hartley hardly covering himself in glory with his shambolic handling of the situation.

If it goes wrong then we part ways and learn how to deal with the situation better next time. As long as the wage isn't huge then it isn't that harmful.

If it goes well then winners all round. Better than signing guys like Nish on 2k a week.

Just heard from a source that mcginn is content to stay at sons? If this is true I would be delighted with it

Would be amazing if true. I believe he's now got a decent job outside of football so he might not want to lose that. Still think there will be some tasty offers on the table for him, hopefully one of them is from us.

Just popped on at work but a Falkirk fan I work with seems to think that Dundee have signed Roberts on a one year deal and will register him as a player on June the 1st. Any substance? He is meant to be training with the team this week.

Certainly won't be registering him on June 1st. Window opens on June 10th.

Is Iain Russell out of contract with QOS at the end of the season? I'd be so fucking happy if Livi re-signed him. It'd give me something to live for. I'd carry him in my arms all the way from Dumfries to Almondvale.

Nope, signed for an additional year extension back in December.

Archived