Transfers

bluebell

Are u claiming these loyal lads have followed the dollar surely??? Surely not [

quote]

Apparently not. They all grew up dreaming of playing at the islecroft and don't want to be anywhere else. Guys like dunga need to be applauded for this, to still feel so strong about it after playing for Annan, threave and Gretna until he was lucky enough to live the dream......

????????????????????????

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are u claiming these loyal lads have followed the dollar surely??? Surely not [

quote]

Apparently not. They all grew up dreaming of playing at the islecroft and don't want to be anywhere else. Guys like dunga need to be applauded for this, to still feel so strong about it after playing for Annan, threave and Gretna until he was lucky enough to live the dream......

spot on!!! They are living the dream!! For the star!! ;)

ladies ladies ladies, what's it gonna take to get this thread back on topic? Oh yeah Spartans to pull another top name out of the hat but I've said too much already. ^_^

Grimbo

Just seen Milligan and Sloan at Gretna Gateway both leaving with a pair of Nike boots, a big brown envelope and a foot long subway...............

Is the truth of the matter not,

"Shit, how much is that toilet block?"

"All that for a perimeter fencing?"

"Is that really the cost of a safety certificate?"

leading to

"Where can we cut costs? I know we'll play the loyalty card"

ame="surely not!" post="8488867" timestamp="1401984743"] spot on!!! They are living the dream!! For the star!! ;)

best lowland thread for a wee while. :D

Dal quit while yer behind mate cause if you haven't already made a James hunt of things yer certainly digging a deeper hole for yersel,nowt wrong wi sticking up for yer club though ;)

Truth is the players mentioned did not sign for Star for the money. I dare say a number of you will not believe it but that is a fact (beginning to sound like Rafa Benitez - even I'm getting worried now!) If it was simply down to money they would have signed elsewhere but perhaps they just wanted to try pastures new with a different management team in place at the time. In hindsight I'm sure you will agree they made the right choice - check the league table.

Truth is the players mentioned did not sign for Star for the money. I dare say a number of you will not believe it but that is a fact (beginning to sound like Rafa Benitez - even I'm getting worried now!) If it was simply down to money they would have signed elsewhere but perhaps they just wanted to try pastures new with a different management team in place at the time. In hindsight I'm sure you will agree they made the right choice - check the league table.

So are they staying or going to pastures new after all this is the transfers thread.

We lost a class player who I thought was loyal to our club to our biggest rivals.

its fitba it happens players move on ye just gotta try find better alternate replacements ;)

leading to

Yes I get a lot of free subs too with my Loyalty card.

leading to

you forgot, hey Milly, name your price! :)

Can't argue with this Ross- finally a sensible post and yes the league table doesnt lie.

Hopefully now we have a pilot driving the plane we can kick on after a horrendous season.

Can't argue with this Ross- finally a sensible post and yes the league table doesnt lie.

Hopefully now we have a pilot driving the plane we can kick on after a horrendous season.

nah, you'll crash and burn as usual! :)

I don't know wot team you were watching but it certainly was not a horrendous season for me.

Last season wasn't a great one, but it had it's moments watching really good football.

Overall I would put it in the 'averagely ok' box - certainly not horrendous by any means.

To be honest for the players you had at your disposal you probably should have done better, so perhaps leadership problems at the top. Always seemed to play well against Star but speaking to one of your players during the season and he said Gretna didn't play like that very often, in fact more often than not you were shocking (or words to that effect). Maybe a new man in charge will sort that out.

I don't know wot team you were watching but it certainly was not a horrendous season for me.

Last season wasn't a great one, but it had it's moments watching really good football.

Overall I would put it in the 'averagely ok' box - certainly not horrendous by any means.

Trouble was we were far too inconsistent. One week we looked as though we could beat anybody, the next we deservedly lose to a bottom three club (no disrespect intended).

Hopefully next season will see a bit more consistency.

To be honest for the players you had at your disposal you probably should have done better, so perhaps leadership problems at the top. Always seemed to play well against Star but speaking to one of your players during the season and he said Gretna didn't play like that very often, in fact more often than not you were shocking (or words to that effect). Maybe a new man in charge will sort that out.

Yeah your correct there, hopefully we'll get back on track

Trouble was we were far too inconsistent. One week we looked as though we could beat anybody, the next we deservedly lose to a bottom three club (no disrespect intended).

Hopefully next season will see a bit more consistency.

I totally agree - that is why, for me, it was not a horrendous season.

A horrendous season doesn't reach those high points.

Archived