Transfers

bluebell

Swainy and Gilbertson have been the best keepers in the EOS for the last 5 years or so. IMHO.

Been a while since I saw either of them, but at that time I didn't think either were too comfortable with ball at feet (not the main, but now a huge requirement for a keeper) so would he fit in with the way Sammy looks to have spartans play?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a while since I saw either of them, but at that time I didn't think either were too comfortable with ball at feet (not the main, but now a huge requirement for a keeper) so would he fit in with the way Sammy looks to have Spartans play?

What like in between the sticks? We have the best defence in the League, so he'll not be expected to dribble the ball up the wing much. :)

Grimbo

What like in between the sticks? We have the best defence in the League, so he'll not be expected to dribble the ball up the wing much. :)

Grimbo

He's expected to pass it and start play though no? Or are you still looking to shell it to cloudy all day?

Thommo back at Spartans is another good signing. Looking very strong to win the league next season, that's where my money is going anyway!

He was before my time but heard a lot of good things about him, sad to see who's leaving but hey-ho the replacements are already in place & there's still a few weeks to go yet!

Well done us on getting in early & getting the best.

Grimbo

He was before my time but heard a lot of good things about him, sad to see who's leaving but hey-ho the replacements are already in place & there's still a few weeks to go yet!

Grimbo

Must be eating into that massive budget now??

Will promotion be a necessity now??

Can see past Spartans for LL

Must be eating into that massive budget now??

Will promotion be a necessity now??

Can see past Spartans for LL

Probably spent most of what we got coming in for selling, aye. But you know we are the Man City of the LL, no object pal.

Grimbo

Grimbo

aye grimbo, who's leaving?

Thommo back at Spartans is another good signing. Looking very strong to win the league next season, that's where my money is going anyway!

Oh great another greeting face disaster within the league

Thommo's actually a nice guy and a good leader on the pitch and he came to watch our Cup tie against Fraserburgh earlier in the season so (swallows hard) I wish him well at Spartans, except, of course, against the City!

Was Thommo & Loco a midfield partnership? I'm looking forward to seeing that develop (again).

Grimbo

Not at spartans grim. If memory serves me correct, Kevin was signed to replace Iain after he went to berwick. Think they've played together at stenhousemuir though.

Not at spartans grim. If memory serves me correct, Kevin was signed to replace Iain after he went to berwick. Think they've played together at stenhousemuir though.

Cheers Surely, well I'm looking forward to the new season whoever is in our midfield. We've got plenty of competition in all areas.

Grimbo

Archived