Transfers

bluebell

I see we've signed Mike Bruce, I don't know much about him, maybe Tam T. Bam can divulge some info on the player, saya he played for e-City? Or maybe others on here are aware of him?

Grimbo

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Good, reliable player (well, Whitehill don't tend to sign duds*) with an unfortunate habit of getting himself sent off against us. Here's hoping he continues that form!

(*unless you listen to Sir P that is!)

A Good, reliable player (well, Whitehill don't tend to sign duds*) with an unfortunate habit of getting himself sent off against us. Here's hoping he continues that form!

(*unless you listen to Sir P that is!)

Oh I didn't realise he also played for Whitehill as well. Yes I do remember him now, I don't think WW had ever beaten us before until they signed him. Well done Sammy on a magnitude of terrific signings.

Grimbo

Oh I didn't realise he also played for Whitehill as well. Yes I do remember him now, I don't think WW had ever beaten us before until they signed him. Well done Sammy on a magnitude of terrific signings.

Grimbo

He was eos player of the year when he captained ww to the title although can be a little bomb scary in some games as his red card record will show.

Worryingly for spartans I think he hates the astro as much as Wayne and not sure he's ever had a good game on it!

???????????????? money talks

But it can't sing

& it can't dance.

No dissin WW or any team in the LL but anyone can see best chance of going spfl is with us at the mo' so you can't blame any player given the opportunity, can you?

Grimbo

Grim, that's quite disrespectful to the other teams in the LL. Fair enough Spartans won the league last season but it was close, WW won't be as bad as last year and it depends on whether Stirling concentrate on the league or Uni results.

Anyway, reading an article earlier on Brora, who are favourites for the Highland League, but don't seem to want to play in the SPFL.......does that mean the winner of the Lowland League would go straight into the SPFL if Brora turned the chance down?

Grim, that's quite disrespectful to the other teams in the LL. Fair enough Spartans won the league last season but it was close, WW won't be as bad as last year and it depends on whether Stirling concentrate on the league or Uni results.

Anyway, reading an article earlier on Brora, who are favourites for the Highland League, but don't seem to want to play in the SPFL.......does that mean the winner of the Lowland League would go straight into the SPFL if Brora turned the chance down?

I saw this also. I was of the understanding that if you won the play off you had to go into the SPFL. Does this mean that as you say if Brora refuse to play ie Spartans. Spartans would then challenge team 42?

These scenarios will have to be ironed out before season starts surely??

Messi, we won it before the season had finished, so it wasn't that close.;)

Even if the HL winners don't fancy the step up we've still to beat bottom placed spfl team.

Grimbo

If you're going by the SSN article it says a couple of things which contradict everything else that's been said - including even the official explanation on the Highland League website. AFAIA clubs can't decline to participate in the play-offs, or decline to go up if they win.

However, they may not be eligible... e.g. if they haven't a licence, in which case they'll actually be headed down instead of up; or if they haven't suitable floodlights and don't get a waiver to upgrade or install them.

Also, if either champion is ineligible, then the other club goes directly to the play-off v SPFL Club #42.

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/News/Item/434_The_Pyramid_System_and_how_it_affects_the_SHFL.aspx

If you're going by the SSN article it says a couple of things which contradict everything else that's been said - including even the official explanation on the Highland League website. AFAIA clubs can't decline to participate in the play-offs, or decline to go up if they win.

However, they may not be eligible... e.g. if they haven't a licence, in which case they'll actually be headed down instead of up; or if they haven't suitable floodlights and don't get a waiver to upgrade or install them.

Also, if either champion is ineligible, then the other club goes directly to the play-off v SPFL Club #42.

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/News/Item/434_The_Pyramid_System_and_how_it_affects_the_SHFL.aspx

Edit so no play off at present unless fully licensed like Spartans

Archived