Who is the worst manager your club have ever had?

Almost any manager who we had in the 80s could be a candidate for this. Personally, i would say choose from Gordon Hamilton, Nobby Clark, Davie Sneddon or (more recently) the awful Derek Ferguson. Gerry Britton's on-field record was better than these but he built absolutely no rapport with fans and should be included.

Bringing my tuppenceworth back to the table - opinion hasn’t changed in the last 5 years!

9 hours ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

If i had a farm at the time i would have bet it all on Mackay being the gormless twat he turned out to be.

KB was a leg end of mine before he took the managers job,the dictionary definition of a midfield genital (hearts semi freekick/that european goal/singing 'hope you die' after he minced another opposition midfielder cos he could.

KB being the worst idea since Danny McGrain hurt like a fucker and not in a good way.

Not that it still hurts*

*it still hurts.

Scotland needs more midfield genitals.

Not going to put Gavin Murray in, as this is when I started going regularly and I've far more good memories from that period than any other watching the Fife. He must still have Murray Murray Murray, out out out! Ringing in his ears though. Billy Brown for when he fell out with his own fans, but at least he kept us up, Aitchison was terrible but the whole club was badly managed from top down in that period. For me Jimmy Bone, yes we were in a level above our means, but alot of fans stopped going after that season and we've never enticed them back. We actually performed better at Ibrox than in most of the league games that season. 

Gary Mackay and Kenny Black were bad but it’s got to be Ian Murray for me - different starting 11 every week, players played out of position, far too defensive - more concerned with not losing instead of trying to win games, devoid of any tactics, doesn’t know how to change a game and generally, the team is absolutely brutal to watch!

To use a clumsy mixed metaphor, we kissed a shitload of toads before finding SP. David Hannah's 8/9 game caretaker stint was a depressing experience, especially on the back of Weir-gate and the previous season's near-miss, in terms of character/attitude he's easily the worst. Shields was a nice guy but out of his depth (file Tweed under this category too), Hegarty did just enough to stave off the trapdoor but his 'old-school' approach didn't take too long to come unstuck afterwards - the LTHV home defeat was probably the worst result we've suffered in recent history.  Dishonourable mentions for Robertson and Drinkell, also.

Paul Hegarty seems to be taking a lot of stick from Forfar fans but he is actually a really nice guy.
On the other hand, one of the dirtiest teams I've ever had the misfortune to watch was Ray Stewart's Forfar side...

That wasn't the question though. Undoubtedly our worst manager.
Christ, he dropped Brewster, utter cretin of a manager who went on to prove that point at other clubs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2019 at 21:08, loon74 said:

Ray stewart , jim Moffat & Hegarty are all worth a mention , the dark days

Not having that. 

George Shaw was abysmal. 

Bollan deserves a mention for clusterfucking a stroll to the 3rd division title with his "management style".

On 20/10/2019 at 12:30, AFC1878 said:

Gary Mackay and Kenny Black were bad but it’s got to be Ian Murray for me - different starting 11 every week, players played out of position, far too defensive - more concerned with not losing instead of trying to win games, devoid of any tactics, doesn’t know how to change a game and generally, the team is absolutely brutal to watch!

What a difference 4 weeks makes!

Not having that. 
George Shaw was abysmal. 
Bollan deserves a mention for clusterfucking a stroll to the 3rd division title with his "management style".
We've had a few howlers right enough but no one plummets the depths to H- - - - -y. As far as FAFC is concerned, close the discussion now.