It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

I've just started watching this. It's kinda funny but not fantastic.

I'm hoping it gets better in season 2 once Danny Devito comes in.

Charlie is basically the same character as Nick from New Girl.

I've just started watching this. It's kinda funny but not fantastic.

I'm hoping it gets better in season 2 once Danny Devito comes in.

Charlie is basically the same character as Nick from New Girl.

Got to agree. Watched first 3 eps and distinctly underwhelmed.

This programme contains racism, sexism, ableism and blasphemy to name but a few!

I F£CKING LOVE IT!!!! :D

I'm only nearing the end of season 2 but so far I've had bags of laughs. Season 1 did enough to keep me going to Season 2, without setting the world on fire. Since De Vito entered the quality really went up. That's not to say he steals the show, he just adds an extra dimension. Charlie is hilarious. When he starts ranting with his squeaky voice, it floors me. But I'd have to say Mac is my favourite character. He just hasn't a clue how thick and out of touch he is!

Cannot wait to continue rattling through these. Excellent viewing so far.

Yeah I wasn't that impressed initially in the first season. It wasn't until I was hungover in my flat one day and a mate was watching season 7 that I really got into it. Season 3 and 7 for me are the best but they're all tremendous.

I think it's once Charlie Day and Danny DeVito really click in the third season as a duo that the show takes off. Also moving away from having Dee there as the occasional voice of reason to essentially being the gang's punching bag was a good move. There's still a lot of great stuff in the first couple of seasons though. Charlie's reaction to getting run over by Dennis at the very beginning of season two never fails to make me laugh.

I think it's once Charlie Day and Danny DeVito really click in the third season as a duo that the show takes off. Also moving away from having Dee there as the occasional voice of reason to essentially being the gang's punching bag was a good move. There's still a lot of great stuff in the first couple of seasons though. Charlie's reaction to getting run over by Dennis at the very beginning of season two never fails to make me laugh.

One of my favourite scenes of the whole show so far (I'm half way through season 8) was when Charlie was ranting to Dee about having to huff some glue, drink some beer and eat cat food. This concoction helped him sleep and therefore stopped the gang of cats from waking him up. The rant of a raving lunatic was extremely funny in itself, but the way the scene finished was just perfect; Frank running in, taking a few mouthfuls of cat food and trying to get his head down! The lack of dialogue from Frank was superb and it backed up Charlie's rant completely.

It's one of the great things I love about this show. Unlike a lot of American sitcoms (which I won't deny, I love) it doesn't have to make the joke blatantly obvious to the viewer. There is a lot of British humour techniques strung throughout the show. This is maybe why the show hasn't won as many awards as it rightfully should have, but I think a solid following is more impressive anyway.

I only started watching this show last week, but it's safe to say that it's catapulted itself to my top 5 sitcom list. It's excellent viewing.

One of my favourite scenes of the whole show so far (I'm half way through season 8) was when Charlie was ranting to Dee about having to huff some glue, drink some beer and eat cat food. This concoction helped him sleep and therefore stopped the gang of cats from waking him up. The rant of a raving lunatic was extremely funny in itself, but the way the scene finished was just perfect; Frank running in, taking a few mouthfuls of cat food and trying to get his head down! The lack of dialogue from Frank was superb and it backed up Charlie's rant completely.

It's one of the great things I love about this show. Unlike a lot of American sitcoms (which I won't deny, I love) it doesn't have to make the joke blatantly obvious to the viewer. There is a lot of British humour techniques strung throughout the show. This is maybe why the show hasn't won as many awards as it rightfully should have, but I think a solid following is more impressive anyway.

I only started watching this show last week, but it's safe to say that it's catapulted itself to my top 5 sitcom list. It's excellent viewing.

Aye that's a cracking episode. Dee's glue hallucination is a good laugh too.

Interesting you mention the show's lack of awards because there's a brilliant episode in season 9 where the gang address the fact that they've been running the bar for a while and yet never won an award. It's a crying shame that a decent UK channel hasn't picked it up and helped raise it's profile over here.

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to just dip in and out of this as you can miss a few episodes and pick up from where you left off, but the latest episode, number 4 of season 10, might just be my favourite ever. Just 20 minutes of Charlie being magnificent.

Even the one before, which wasn't so good, when they're all singing Psycho Killer by Talking Heads at the start had me buckled for some reason.

Edited by Fuctifano