It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Working my way through this again (on season 6 at the minute) and would say that ‘Dennis & Dee Go on Welfare’ and ‘The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis’ have been the stand out episodes thus far. I’m pretty sure that the Lethal Weapon 5 one is coming up shortly which I recall as being a highlight on my first viewing.

Working my way through this again (on season 6 at the minute) and would say that ‘Dennis & Dee Go on Welfare’ and ‘The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis’ have been the stand out episodes thus far. I’m pretty sure that the Lethal Weapon 5 one is coming up shortly which I recall as being a highlight on my first viewing.
Aye episode 9.

Been doing another run through again. I've re-watched all these numerous times and still pish myself laughing. Sometimes other bits will crease me, be it just a facial expression I previously missed.

I have to say the newer ones are actually very good. After second viewing. I think the first time around I hype it up too much and expect too much. But when I watch it again they are just as good. It hasn't jumped the shark yet (I haven't watched S14) so I'm hoping they go for at least one more season. The best sitcom ever.

Haven't watched the new ones but went through them on IMDb. A lack of the McPoyles again I see. I expect they are done with the show, particularly when they didn't feature in Trial of The Century episode. Gutted really as I thought they were always a great cameo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bernardblack
Good lord they all seem to have aged a lot since S13...

First episode was shite, hope it improves.

Dennis has aged horrendously. Halfway through the new season and it’s holding up well

Kaitlin looks to have had some work done (unfortunately). She may look worse for wear in the next season.
Im no a fan of this latest season. The thing i couldnt get my head around was the change in Dee's face!
Posted that last January. I thought it was obvious last year that she'd had work done. Can't say it looked much different this season. Don't know why women feel the need to ruin their faces the way they do.

Just finished Season 14. It was pretty good. It was alright. It wasn't great. But it was fineThe Janitor Always Mops Twice was a very, very long twenty minutes - I was just waiting for it to end and will almost certainly skip it on any future binge. Most of the other episodes were around 6/10 area; nothing outstanding, but fleeting reminders of why Sunny became one of my all time favourites. 

Loved the finale and the film noir episode. Up there with the best, but the rest of the series was very meh in comparison.

ETA: At what point did they change Dennis from a creep who could pull anyone he wants to just a creep?

Edited by Ludo*1

Loved the finale and the film noir episode. Up there with the best, but the rest of the series was very meh in comparison.

ETA: At what point did they change Dennis from a creep who could pull anyone he wants to just a creep?

Slow intentional process. Dennis was never 'a player', he's always been a Sociopath. I read an interview that said they try and make him even more frightening every season. It certainly works.

Sadly, if folk don't know this it probably looks like 'trying too hard' but knowing it's intentional makes it pretty impressive viewing IMO as they have nailed it.