It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just started watching this having never watched before had only heard people talking about it.

Currently on season 5 and feel like I have seen so many hilarious parts. However, the parts I’ve probably proper loled at the most are;

Frank & Charlie on acid at the tailgate in the American football one.

The episode where Dee aims to walk a mile in Charlie’s shoes with Charlie and then Frank eating the catfood to get to sleep.

But I would say the majority of episodes have at least one hilarious bit so far (the only episode I proper didn’t like was the shite about the liberty bell)

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

The episode where Dee aims to walk a mile in Charlie’s shoes with Charlie and then Frank eating the catfood to get to sleep.
But I would say the majority of episodes have at least one hilarious bit so far (the only episode I proper didn’t like was the shite about the liberty bell)

That scene is absolutely phenomenal. Frank coming in, not saying a word had me in agony.

Give the Liberty Bell episode another go. It wasn't one that grabbed me straight away but you miss some stuff the first time around that you appreciate the second time. Charlie's "W w w wait!.... Check his pulse!" line is fantastic.

Just finished S15. Never commented after the first watch as I've stopped judging it after one view. It does need a couple of watches to get all the subtle humour. Thought it was another great season tbh. The first story was superb and they got back to some arguing at times as well which is where the show signs. It's never going to reach the heights of their best episodes but I still think the quality is right up there and it's still the best sitcom on TV for me right now. I just hope wee Danny has the legs to see out the contract!

On 11/03/2022 at 10:26, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I have just started watching this having never watched before had only heard people talking about it.

That was the same for me. I would always see it being suggested on Netflix, and one of my pals was almost unbearable in his insistence that I would love it, but for some reason I would always skip past. 

I think I watched every episode in the space of a few weeks, genuinely laugh out loud funny. I usually struggle with American comedy shows as they are so sanitised and not really relatable. With Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, from the very first scene, it’s just manic hilarity. You can tell how much of the dialogue has been improvised just by the complete lack of vocal structure in most scenes. When Dee’s black boyfriend walks in to the bar to collect her, and the guys get in a muddle as they try to explain how they aren’t racist for assuming he was there to make trouble, and after a minute and half of ridiculous excuses Mac says ‘it’s because your black’. :lol: 

Got a few favourite episodes but the DENNIS system was a highlight, as well as the episode where they attempt to go on a road trip to the Grand Canyon. Could watch them all though, and will almost certainly watch them all again in the near future. 

On 18/03/2022 at 00:51, Don Diego De la Vega said:

My absolute favourite out of many many favourites 

Watched that episode last night! 

Not only is it a hilarious episode but they totally nailed the "out of your face on LSD" feeling.

What's that a jar of dude?

A beautiful beautiful gazelle person.

That was the same for me. I would always see it being suggested on Netflix, and one of my pals was almost unbearable in his insistence that I would love it, but for some reason I would always skip past. 

I think I watched every episode in the space of a few weeks, genuinely laugh out loud funny. I usually struggle with American comedy shows as they are so sanitised and not really relatable. With Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, from the very first scene, it’s just manic hilarity. You can tell how much of the dialogue has been improvised just by the complete lack of vocal structure in most scenes. When Dee’s black boyfriend walks in to the bar to collect her, and the guys get in a muddle as they try to explain how they aren’t racist for assuming he was there to make trouble, and after a minute and half of ridiculous excuses Mac says ‘it’s because your black’. [emoji38] 
Got a few favourite episodes but the DENNIS system was a highlight, as well as the episode where they attempt to go on a road trip to the Grand Canyon. Could watch them all though, and will almost certainly watch them all again in the near future. 
I've watched them all the way through numerous times now. And every time it's just as funny. It's sometimes more funny as I spot stuff that I missed the first time around - normally some exceptional facial expressions by those not speaking.

It's such a well layered show and it's why I never judge the new ones straight away as they are always so much funnier on second viewing.

On 23/03/2022 at 18:48, 19QOS19 said:

I've watched them all the way through numerous times now. And every time it's just as funny. It's sometimes more funny as I spot stuff that I missed the first time around - normally some exceptional facial expressions by those not speaking.

It's such a well layered show and it's why I never judge the new ones straight away as they are always so much funnier on second viewing.

I’ve been trying to find a particular scene, and it sounds like you may be the man to ask. I fear it’s from one of the episodes removed from Netflix as I can’t seem to find it. 

The scene begins with the camera panned in to Dennis, Mac and Charlie sitting having a blazing row between themselves, which goes on for the best part of a couple of minutes. The argument is obviously completely ridiculous and gets more absurd as it goes on, which eventually comes to a head and they stop talking. The camera then pans out to reveal they are sitting in the lawyers office, and the lawyer has been sitting watching them bicker amongst themselves the full time. I couldn’t stop laughing the first time I seen this; the tediousness of the argument, the strength of feeling each character had over something so meaningless, and the reveal that all of this had taken place in their lawyers office made it so funny to me. I’ve browsed over numerous episodes but can’t find it anywhere. 

I’ve been trying to find a particular scene, and it sounds like you may be the man to ask. I fear it’s from one of the episodes removed from Netflix as I can’t seem to find it. 

The scene begins with the camera panned in to Dennis, Mac and Charlie sitting having a blazing row between themselves, which goes on for the best part of a couple of minutes. The argument is obviously completely ridiculous and gets more absurd as it goes on, which eventually comes to a head and they stop talking. The camera then pans out to reveal they are sitting in the lawyers office, and the lawyer has been sitting watching them bicker amongst themselves the full time. I couldn’t stop laughing the first time I seen this; the tediousness of the argument, the strength of feeling each character had over something so meaningless, and the reveal that all of this had taken place in their lawyers office made it so funny to me. I’ve browsed over numerous episodes but can’t find it anywhere. 
Sounds like the opening of "The Gang Sells Out"? They are in the office of the guy who wants to buy Paddy's and are arguing about whether or not there is a helicopter pad on the roof and then go on to say they don't want to listen to this corporate drone anymore than they have to but lets hear him out. The camera then pans to the guy who's sitting there looking at them in disbelief.

S3 Ep 7.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sounds like the opening of "The Gang Sells Out"? They are in the office of the guy who wants to buy Paddy's and are arguing about whether or not there is a helicopter pad on the roof and then go on to say they don't want to listen to this corporate drone anymore than they have to but lets hear him out. The camera then pans to the guy who's sitting there looking at them in disbelief.

S3 Ep 7.

Thank you. I will go and check right now. 

That’s the one :lol:  Cheers for that. I wildly misremembered it, and it’s no wonder I couldn’t find it as I was scanning through the episodes waiting for the lawyer to appear. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

That’s the one [emoji38]  Cheers for that. I wildly misremembered it, and it’s no wonder I couldn’t find it as I was scanning through the episodes waiting for the lawyer to appear. 
Tbf there are more than one of those type of scenes! The other similar one that cracks me up is the Liberty Bell episode where they argue so much they are about to rip a picture of George Washington off the wall before the woman comes in [emoji38]

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s the one :lol:  Cheers for that. I wildly misremembered it, and it’s no wonder I couldn’t find it as I was scanning through the episodes waiting for the lawyer to appear. 

IIRC the guy they are arguing in front of is Richard Ruccolo, who was once engaged to Tiffani Amber Thiessen, and most famous for being in Two Guys and a Girl with Ryan Reynolds. Dennis, Mac and Frank then take him to a strip club, and go off on one about sexual positions when he tells them he's gay