It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

• 1 month later...

I love the original Nightman (which turns into dayman) whilst Charlie is huffing paint.

It wasn't until the 2nd watch around that I picked up on the lyric that the Nightman 'Left me in a world of darkness and I miss your sexy hands', before realising there is one member of Charlie's family, his Uncle Jack, who has an obsession about how sexy and large his own hands should be. Then I read up on it and it's an actual fan theory that Jack is the Nightman given he also used to share a room with Charlie as a child.

Fucking layers upon layers of brilliant and disturbing stuff. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I love the original Nightman (which turns into dayman) whilst Charlie is huffing paint.

It wasn't until the 2nd watch around that I picked up on the lyric that the Nightman 'Left me in a world of darkness and I miss your sexy hands', before realising there is one member of Charlie's family, his Uncle Jack, who has an obsession about how sexy and large his own hands should be. Then I read up on it and it's an actual fan theory that Jack is the Nightman given he also used to share a room with Charlie as a child.

Fucking layers upon layers of brilliant and disturbing stuff. :lol: 

Is it only a fan theory? I thought it was pretty much accepted. The scene in season 1's "Charlie Got Molested" where Charlie's family and friends (including Uncle Jack) gather around to stage an intervention shows pretty explicitly that he's a meganonce, as he's practically salivating when Bonnie implores Charlie to show everyone on a doll where the teacher touched him.

There are some really outstanding scenes and moments in season one alone; Mac first meeting Carmen to try and set her up with Charlie, being incensed upon finding out that she has a penis and then saying he'll call her after she calls him "ripped"; Mac's entire gambit in "Charlie Got Molested" in which he's upset about not being blown by the teacher, culminating in him trying to seduce the teacher in his house; Dennis revelling in the attention of the customers of their new gay bar ("the boys are out tonight, huh?!"); both Mac and Dennis trying to manipulate the abortion rally to meet their own seedy ends. The whole Mac and Carmen storyline is absolutely exceptional, and takes on a whole new slant when you're re-watching it.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I love the first Nightman where Charlie is singing about being held down and he "comes inside me"

Frank going "woops, I dropped my monster condom I use for my magnum dong" and Dee trying to seduce a carnie and him just stabbing her immediately had me in tears today
'Fun fact' - the girl Dennis tries to win back in that episode is actually Glenn's wife. So 3 of the characters's wives (in real life) feature in that episode.

Is it only a fan theory? I thought it was pretty much accepted. The scene in season 1's "Charlie Got Molested" where Charlie's family and friends (including Uncle Jack) gather around to stage an intervention shows pretty explicitly that he's a meganonce, as he's practically salivating when Bonnie implores Charlie to show everyone on a doll where the teacher touched him.
There are some really outstanding scenes and moments in season one alone; Mac first meeting Carmen to try and set her up with Charlie, being incensed upon finding out that she has a penis and then saying he'll call her after she calls him "ripped"; Mac's entire gambit in "Charlie Got Molested" in which he's upset about not being blown by the teacher, culminating in him trying to seduce the teacher in his house; Dennis revelling in the attention of the customers of their new gay bar ("the boys are out tonight, huh?!"); both Mac and Dennis trying to manipulate the abortion rally to meet their own seedy ends. The whole Mac and Carmen storyline is absolutely exceptional, and takes on a whole new slant when you're re-watching it.
The wee spin Dennis does just before delivering that line is funny as f**k.

• 2 weeks later...

There are episodes of Always Sunny that could genuinely be considered to be masterpieces. I watched a few recently when I was hungover and they are just incredible.

Argument to be made that it’s the most consistently brilliant sitcom that’s ever been made. Can’t wait for September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is no one watching the new series?
I thought both episodes have been really poor, very few laughs.
Don't bother with Kodi anymore because I can't be arsed. I'll wait until it comes out on Netflix and binge it again.