It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

• 3 weeks later...

I think this season and last they've tried a few different things, like the Peep Show style from Frank's POV episode in the last season and the Making a Murderer style mockumentary in this one which have been mixed at best. Of course, the fallback is them all shouting abuse at each other for 20 minutes which yesterday's episode does pretty well.

Don't know whether it's just that I've got it off a torrent but don't think I've ever heard c-words and n-words unbleeped on IASIP until the most recent episode

Edited by Fuctifano

Thought the last episode was the best of a strong series so far, the ending was sort of heartwarming in a weird way! Nice touch to have Charlie dropping the N bomb rather than Frank, think that was a wee callback to the very first episode. I wasn't that keen on the Making a Murderer episode, probably because I haven't seen the original and missed loads of jokes.

Have to say I think it's been better than last season. The Making a Murderer episode being the weakest. I could see what they were going for but they don't need to change their great formula.

I'm gagging for the McPoyle's and in particular, Cricket to make an appearance again though.

Just watched " A Very Sunny Christmas " and " The Gang Goes To Jersey Shore ". 

Charlie and Mac reminiscing about their Christmas traditions was brilliant. The mall Santa attack was hilarious. 

Dennis and Sweet Dee's Jersey shore night out was mental. Just started watching this last week and flying through it , the whole cast is excellent , even the recurring characters like Artemis and Cricket are good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's that done for another series, still pretty good but don't think a lot of the experimentation worked, apart from the opening episode. The more standard episodes like the water park one and the lottery ticket one were better. I like Cricket as a character but the episode dedicated to him dragged.

Seems like there might be a hiatus before season 13 (it's contracted for 2 more)

Spoiler

Glenn Howerton has been cast in another TV show so Dennis might actually be leaving or at least have a reduced role which would almost certainly mean the end in short order

We're at a point now where no character is meaningless. Every one plays their part and I love all of them; even Dee, which is a shock as I generally don't have a lot of time for female characters in sitcom's.