It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

Funnily enough, I started watching random episodes of this for the first time in ages last night, and the White Trash episode was one of them.

The Gang Dines Out is probably my favourite episode of any comedy series. It's total gold from start to finish, and the scene where Mac and Charlie stare at each other (which is in my display picture) never fails to have me in stitches. You can tell they're trying to hold back the laughter as well. 

I think the reason that it works so well and people love it so much is because it genuinely seems like its just four friends having a laugh while filming it. 

• 1 month later...

I got Netflix a couple of months ago and immediately started watching this. I can only echo the comments above, it's brilliantly realised and absolutely hilarious. It's wavered a bit the older it's gotten, with a couple of the concepts seeming a little stillborn, but on the whole it's wonderful.

There's so many excellent episodes but I reckon my favourite is "Sweet Dee Gets Audited" - the final scene with the dead dog falling out of the child's coffin killed me stone dead. I was laughing for days after it.

I finish at 1:15am tonight but this will be getting watched as soon as I get in. I have to say I didn't think last season was especially good; one or two episodes excluded. But it's good to hear they're back with a bang.

Frank Reynold's Little Beauties is my favourite. The Yankee Doodle bit. "Mr Gorbachev, tear down that wall".

The opening scene of that episode sets the tone. Generally I'm not one for your Miranda like comedy of falling down but they do it in typical Sunny in Philly style: Frank with a broken nose and the gang pishing themselves laughing rather than offering assistance.

Have just started to watch this.  The opening few episodes have been solid enough - the picking up girls at an anti abortion rally was fantastic!

If you enjoy the first season the vast majority of the rest of it will be perfect for you. It goes up a few notches in season 2 and maintains that standard for a long time and gets even better.