New Strips for 2014/15

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a cracker. It might be a basic Adidas template, but it's simple and has a timeless classic feel about it.

Apart from the polyester material and the sponsor's logo all over it. :P

I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again - the adidas kits we had were best we've ever had in terms of both design and quality. But the deal, for anyone other than Celtic, who get the bespoke range and actually deal with adidas/nike, is pretty rubbish.

I can only assume that Joma give their teams a pretty good deal, because not only do they merely provide generic template designs, but they aren't very nice ones either. For other clubs, who actually get bespoke designs (St Mirren, I'm speaking specifically to you), there really isn't any excuse for coming up with absolute stinkers. Somewhere along the line, somebody at St Mirren saw their kit and said; "yeah, that's the one. Absolutely gorgeous. The fans will love it." I would love to see the alternatives.

You got a video as well.

I think our video is better. 8)

WTF is going on there? Why is the shirt attacked by a flock of bats at the end??

I bet Joma spent more money on making that hilariously shite video than they did on designing a new kit for us.

I think our top will look far better when you actually see it, photos and videos always seem to make ours look shite, but when you witness them in the flesh then they are more appealing. Maybe thats because we have such handsome rogues like Steven Anderson, David Wotherspoon and Stevie May wearing them though

There's no use defending Joma, RandomGuy. I've seen photos of folk wearing it on FB. The new kit is terrible.

Maybe, I'll wait and see though. Is this not our last year with Joma anyway?

We signed a three year deal with Joma at the start of the 10/11 season, so we must've agreed an extension at some point and never announced it?

Apart from the polyester material and the sponsor's logo all over it. :P

I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again - the adidas kits we had were best we've ever had in terms of both design and quality. But the deal, for anyone other than Celtic, who get the bespoke range and actually deal with adidas/nike, is pretty rubbish.

I can only assume that Joma give their teams a pretty good deal, because not only do they merely provide generic template designs, but they aren't very nice ones either. For other clubs, who actually get bespoke designs (St Mirren, I'm speaking specifically to you), there really isn't any excuse for coming up with absolute stinkers. Somewhere along the line, somebody at St Mirren saw their kit and said; "yeah, that's the one. Absolutely gorgeous. The fans will love it." I would love to see the alternatives.

The worst part is that the last two efforts have been pretty decent. The 2013 cup winning kit was absolutely outstanding.

180991-steven-thompson-right-celebrates-

Stripes continuing down the sleeves is always a must and looks cracking. Then last seasons was pretty decent too imo. The yellow is a little off-putting at first but the Paisley Pattern in the black really made it stand out as something special. Then we get this years effort...

What?

Supposed to be announced next week AFAIK.

Joma have actually lost the plot. Either that or they think mid-90's retro is in fashion.

I think they just buy every team wear top from JJB and Sports Direct they can, and then use them decades down the line when the two "suppliers" have moved on and won't question it

Archived