New Strips for 2014/15

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That strip is howking, larger stripes or hoops would of been better. But I guess there isn't much you can do for teams like Partick, Killie and Hamilton.

Coming from a Dundee fan. :lol::lol::lol:

I think he means like because it is stripes and hoops. You have to keep them every season* whereas teams such as Dundee, Aberdeen, ICT etc. can jazz up their kit as long as they keep the correct colour.

*I'm aware that sometimes these sides release a kit that does not keep with the template.

I still think that's a bit of an illusion on Doolan caused by the strip being too big for him (as is Banzo's), tucked in, and pulled over the waistband. If it isn't, then he's put on about 2 stone since the end of the season, fair play to him. Good effort.

It's slowly growing on me. Looked at the pictures on Facebook of Banzo modelling it and now I'm digging it. That or I have a sexual attraction to Bannigan.

I think he means like because it is stripes and hoops. You have to keep them every season* whereas teams such as Dundee, Aberdeen, ICT etc. can jazz up their kit as long as they keep the correct colour.

*I'm aware that sometimes these sides release a kit that does not keep with the template.

Dundee can jazz up their kit? As in navy blue with a tiny bit of white on the shoulder, or navy blue with a tiny bit of white down the sides, or navy blue with a different sponsor? I don't particularly have any problems with the Dundee kit, but they're basically the same every year, so if that was his suggestion, it's utter nonsense. Thistle have changed between hoops, thick stripes, thin stripes, 4 panels (the old Blackburn style), and have had plenty of variety, on pretty much a yearly basis. Yes, it means some of them have been shite, but to say that we have to keep the same style while someone like Dundee has the potential for variety in their strip is just, well... :1eye

Dundee can jazz up their kit? As in navy blue with a tiny bit of white on the shoulder, or navy blue with a tiny bit of white down the sides, or navy blue with a different sponsor? I don't particularly have any problems with the Dundee kit, but they're basically the same every year, so if that was his suggestion, it's utter nonsense. Thistle have changed between hoops, thick stripes, thin stripes, 4 panels (the old Blackburn style), and have had plenty of variety, on pretty much a yearly basis. Yes, it means some of them have been shite, but to say that we have to keep the same style while someone like Dundee has the potential for variety in their strip is just, well... :1eye

It's very hard to mess up a kit when Navy (The best colour on earth) is the dominant colour. Basic = the best.

Yeah to be honest I was more going for the likes of Hamilton who have had hoops for pretty much every season since the 70s http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hamilton_Academical/Hamilton_Academical.htm

And as for Dundee, like I say keep the correct colour and change the rest, of course it has to stay Dark Blue, we're not Cardiff but except from that there is a reasonable amount of variety here in the last 20 or so years http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dundee/Dundee.htm or atleast through my dark blue tinted specs there is.

Archived